Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Got offered a job while at the pub!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Jul 19, 2009.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

We were all quite drunk last night. Bought a laod of blue wkd and cider, and went to the pub for a few too.
    It was busy so we sat with a few friends outside. It got quite chilly and oh had finished his drink so went across the road home, I was left with his friend, a guy who was in my sisters class and one of the waitresses and her friend.

We were watching a wee mouse running about the tables eating crumbs.

Anyway, a woman approached me and started talking to me, she is a friend of quite a few people I know, and works with one of my friends.

She has asked if I will look after her dogs in a couple of weeks as they hate putting them in kennels.
    The dogs will be at her home, and she wants me to walk and feed them. She has a trailhound and a parsons. I can't wait :)
    I have met the trailhound I think they call Odie, he is lovely :)

x

2. fluffybunny2001

fluffybunny2001 PetForums VIP

I`m sure you need a license and insurance to look afetr othe rpeoples dogs in their home or yours and police check??

3. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

not if its not a paid job? plus its PGs friend too i think its only if you look after a "strangers" dogs.

4. fluffybunny2001

fluffybunny2001 PetForums VIP

ah i see fair enough

5. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

Good point though :) you have to be so careful now a days

6. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

That's fab, the doggie sitting seems to be growing, I know you only do it for friends but it might be worth looking into insurance and doing it properly, you might make a decent top up to your income.

7. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

That would be a great full time job to get into, Henrick goes to stay at a dog sitters when we go away and they charge £16 a night:eek: which is about average around here.

8. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

I regulary look after our old neighbours dog Holly. They always offer to pay but I won't hear of it. It gives me a chance to pretend that I actually have two dogs for a week or two. After all if I ever needed someone to look after Shen in an emergency I know I can count on them to return the favour.

9. mr.stitches

mr.stitches PetForums VIP

I did a lot of dog sitting last year, and a couple of house sits. I invested in insurance, as like its been said above, you can never be too careful. The insurance cost me £45 pounds for a year, and I was covered in and out of the house with the dogs, and of course everything in the house.

Well worth it. People were quite impressed id taken time to sort out insurance, so it certainly helps

10. Kinski

Kinski PetForums VIP

Nice one :D. One thing to get the owners to sort out would be to tell their vet what's happening and that if( not that they will ) either dog needs to be seen they will pay the bill when they get home, it just covers you incase something happens and the vet wants you to pay.

Terri

11. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

thats a very good point maybe get a covering letter? its something i didnt think about.

12. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

Oh yes, I would get something like that in writing, just so you both know where you stand and the vet front.

13. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Good idea I will defo get her to contact the vet.
    We are walking the dogs together a few times before, so I can walk the Odie with Dave, or if next door is with me we can walk them all together.

x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice