Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Got my new mice cage!

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by peter0, Jan 5, 2012.

1. peter0

peter0 PetForums VIP

My new mices' cage arrived today. It is absolutely huge, bigger than i expected. So thank you LostGirl who reccomended it to me. It came this morning and got my dad to mesh it for me and after him doing that my new Ecopet Bedding arrived all in perfect timing:thumbup1:

Will post piccies tomorrow as im knackered right now as i've been decorating the bathroom all day:eek:

2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Im just replying to this so it tells me when you post the piccies, next to cute animal piccies I love cage piccies, are you sure youre too knackered tonight :( ;)

3. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

No worries glad I could help :)

Cant wait to see pics :)

4. peter0

peter0 PetForums VIP

Ill try dig out some batteries and get some pics, they wont be brill though:eek:

Edit: Went down to get batteries. My dad has got them in the shed. So can't get any until the morning as there is no light and he has a very messy shed:(

#4 peter0, Jan 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  5. thedogsmother

Oooh dont blame you for not venturing out into a dark shed, I will let you off for tonight ;)

6. peter0

peter0 PetForums VIP

Living in the middle of nowhere doesn't help either no extra lights about. I call it a shed but its his junk shop haha!

7. peter0

peter0 PetForums VIP

So here is the girls new cage. I have 6 of them in it just now and its a bit bear, need to get some new climbing toys. Please excuse the chunks of carboard everywhere, my baby mouse Rudolph is obsessed with covering everything with them its brilliant to watch. She also stuck up for herself last night when Danger Mouse was annoying her she hit back and Danger Mouse just looked as if to say 'no hassle' and left lol. Will have to get some pics of the mice up. There all asleep but Danger Mouse came out to see the camera so thats her in the pics coming up. Also please excuse my chipmunk Mac in the pictures of the cage and the smaller cages ontop, they are the back up cages incase any fights, but after a couple days all the old cages will be turned into a big play pen:thumbsup:

Attached Files:

8. peter0

peter0 PetForums VIP

More pics..

Attached Files:

9. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

Looks great they will be very happy mice!

10. peter0

peter0 PetForums VIP

Yeah they love it, looks so bear though, have to get them lots of new things to climb on. I had to get rid of there wooden furniture as it just stunk. I tried everything from painting etc to keep the smell off but no luck so they desrve some new stuff:p

11. blade100

blade100 PetForums VIP

What a fantastic meece cage.
    I love it bet your meece do too

12. thedogsmother

That looks amazing, if your stuck for ideas for cage furniture and toys, my mice love tubes attached to the walls of the cage, you can make lovely tunnel walkways with cardboard or plastic tubes and cable ties, mine also love rope walkways, rope dog toys hanging from the bars are great for that, parrot toys are amazing as are little plastic baskets attached to the bars with cable ties. Mice love to use the whole cage so dont be worried about filling the height of the cage. I love the meshed cages, you just cant buy big enough mouse cages that are designed for mice can you :(

13. peter0

peter0 PetForums VIP

Yeah, one of them has made a 'den' under the rotastak cage, been watching her all night coming out with the cardboard peices and sticking them on the wheel lol, brilliant to watch. Thanks for the ideas will definately be using them. Going to have lots of stuff for them to climb. Plan on getting them a bigger digging tub too:D, just wait until they are all settled with eachother again. I was looking at cages advertised for mice and hamsters and then LostGirl recommended this, i had spare mesh from my chipmunk aviaries so it was a perfect buy at at £26.99 plus delivery it was such a bargain:thumbup:

14. kat04kt

kat04kt PetForums Member

Not sure if this would work for mice as I've never had mice but did it for my hamster.

Could be a quick fix if you want some hanging toys like, now! lol.

I cut the whole out of a bottom of a starbucks take-away cup (I was in there buying a coffee and asked the girl if she'd give me a couple of extra ones for my hammies), then I put string through it and attached it to the top of their cage for a sort of swing effect.

It was very near the ground for them so they couldn't fall far - think mice tend to be a bit more agile, whereas my dopey hammies would just fall out, so it was only about 5cm off the floor, but worked as a new toy :) and didn't cost anything.

Guess you could use toilet or kitchen roll too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice