Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

goose eggs!!! (alive or dead)

Discussion in 'Poultry Breeders' started by chicotah, Jul 18, 2009.

1. chicotah

chicotah PetForums Junior

hey ive got two eggs in incubation mother goose had ran off in the night...
    i have one egg that has a large air pocket in it and is very visible but the other has a air pocket too but is not so visible looks like a huge mass and is smelling bit rough... i cant see any movement as such but i havent sat still long enough to see much. im aware thet mother goose was sat on the,m for 21 to 25 days..... I

m not entierly sure what i am looking for while candeling so if u can please help it would be much apreciated....

2. AnnC

AnnC PetForums Member

Well stand still for long enough and candle them. Look long and hard. Is there any movement? I would say if one is smelling really bad then thats evidence that its dead.

Use this as a guide, its intended for chicks but the basic process is the same. Fresh Pics: Stages of Chick Embryo Development

You don't say how long you've been trying to incubate them.

Here's a simple guide to incubation of goose eggs. Farming Friends » Incubating Goose Eggs
    This is also an article on incubating and development of goose eggs. Hatching waterfowl eggs (From Smallholder)

Good luck.

#2 AnnC, Aug 2, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
    1 person likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice