Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Goodbye pickles

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by SandyR, Jan 29, 2012.

1. SandyR

SandyR PetForums Senior

Well my mum has just taken my little stray tabby pickles home forever. She has been with me over a month now and I'm sitting here crying going to miss her so much.:(

2. Ally-Kats

Ally-Kats PetForums VIP

At least you know she has gone to a good home and you will still see her from time to time. Have a glass of wine later and think of the all the good things you did for pickles (love the name) and what a happy life she will have with your mum :)

3. Tracy Lou

Tracy Lou PetForums Member

You did a wonderful job with Pickles:thumbup: you took her in, looked after her and made sure she now has a safe, warm, caring forever home. With the bonus that you get to visit and still administer kisses and cuddles. You should be really proud of yourself.:)

4. SandyR

SandyR PetForums Senior

thankyou for your replies.

I just did what felt right and to be honest enjoyed every minute of it.

Mum just phoned and said Pickles is exploring the house and meowing at my dad following him round so I think dads made a friend lol. Feel a bit better now I know she seems content and not hiding.:)

5. Lulus mum

Lulus mum PetForums VIP

Hi
    I have just read all your posts about Pickles
    Just want to say-WELL DONE for doing what you did for her

I worked for rescue for 10 yrs and my first foster dog had come in as a tiny puppy,after being kept with other siblings in a greenhouse!!!!!!
    She was tiny -the runt of the litter
    we had her for a few months -we had 2 puppies of our own and they got on so well together
    We called her Maggie-from the Simpsons-as she kept on falling over when she was walking!!
    She slept in a little box at the side of our bed and would wake us up if she wanted to go out for a wee in the night
    I loved her to bits but
    Then I had to take her to her new home
    I cried all the way there and sobbed all the way back
    She had fallen asleep when we left her and I was so upset that she would wake up and see other people -not me -her mum
    So I can understand how you feel,but Im so glad that Pickles has been adopted by your mum and that you will be able to see her

Thinking of you-but you must feel so proud of yourself that one little soul has been saved from God knows what and out that humans can be very kind!!!!!!
    Maureen

6. SandyR

SandyR PetForums Senior

Thank you Lulus Mum. That must of been so hard for you. I don't think I could foster I would want to keep them all. Nearly backed out today when mum asked if I was sure but I know it's for the best.

It's odd I still can't belive no one is looking for her she is lovely and sometimes I feel guilty that a family is missing her but I cant find them is that odd to feel like that. I think it's because my Georgie went missing once and it was horrible.

7. sarahecp

sarahecp Crazy Cat Lady of Bucks

Aww (((hugs))) to you x At least you know Pickles has gone to a good forever home and your mum and dad will love and care for her just like you did and you can go see her and give her cuddles whenever you want :)

It sounds like she's settling in already :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice