Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Goodbye little prim

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Teakany, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Teakany

Teakany PetForums Newbie

in july (on my birthday no less) I lost my little mouse Chi. I had recently bought her a friend and they got on great. but she had been getting bigger around the middle and I suspect cancer got her in the end. (only about 3 months old :( ).

anyway now her little friend Katniss was Lonely she was naturally friendly it seems and would always come to see me when i opened the cage (put she was weary of crawling on my hand), I tried putting her in with my other 2 females, but Mocha is protective over Pumpkin since she lost the use of one of her legs. I felt bad so I went to the pet store again and bought her a little friend. emphasis on little. she was a runt I named Prim. she was a teeny fluff ball, completely stole my heart with her tinyness, fuffyness and friendlyness . I put her in with Katniss and Kat instantly started trying to get under her submitting. (poor prim was taken off guard and lifted off her feet completely) but they became inseparable, katniss would follow prim, prim would follow katniss.

over the past month though, like Chi, Katniss started to get VERY big VERY fast. then Prim started taking care of her (prim never grew any bigger then when I got her) Prim was the friendliest mouse ever. without even working with her she would sit on my hand, crawl up with little invitation happily (all my mice are petshop mice and I had never had any luck hand taming most). sadly, I thought prim would be on her own soon. then the other day I went to put food in the cage. usually I get 2 mice dart out to see whats up, only one this time. I investigated and my teeny little girl was lifeless. she was warm on one side, and judging by the indent and where katniss dash from, Katniss had been snuggled up to her :(. I'm not sure what happened to her exactly. she liked to climb the bars and be a lunitic, she also took care of Katniss restlessly (bringing her food, grooming her , making the nests) so I'm thinking It;s either she broke her neck climbing or she didn't care for herself enough and focused too much on katniss.

Either way my sweet little girl is gone :( I miss her terribly... I wish she had gotten to stay a little while longer...

2. polishrose

polishrose PetForums VIP

I'm so sorry :(

3. zany_toon

zany_toon PetForums VIP

:( Sorry for your loss Teakany. She might not have been with you for long but it sounds like she was very happy and has a lifetime of happy memories to take with her.

4. AnnB

AnnB PetForums Member

I'm so sorry Teakany, what a terrible shock.

Rest in peace Prim.

5. peter0

peter0 PetForums VIP

Sorry to hear of your loss:(

RIP Prim!

6. gobellino

gobellino PetForums Junior

So sorry to hear your sad news. Your names made me smile, I have three rats who are Katniss, Rue and Trinket...very few people get the reference, but I love the books!

Again so sorry to hear of your loss

7. tinktinktinkerbell

R.I.P little one

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice