UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buster left for Rainbow Bridge this morning

Our lovely vet Michelle came out to him and was surprised at how he had deteriorated since she last saw him.
She said that she thought he wouldnt have lasted much longer

I stuck a photo and Buster and Lulu onto the T.V screen so that would be the last thing he saw.
I talked to him about Rainbow Bridge and how Lulu and Dougal would be waiting for him.I stroked his head and told him how much I loved him and asked him to watch over me.
I put my arms round him- and held him and he just let Michelle give him the injection,he fell asleep with his head on me.
It was SO peaceful and that made it a bit easier to get through.
He is lying in his bed now with a cosy blanket on him -later on Alan will take him to the vets and from there to be cremated.

He was such a gentle boy and I keep looking round expecting to see him.
I miss him so much and just want to take him for 1 m ore walk or hear him "sing" -he did that every morning in front of the drawer where his Aktivait tablets were.
Thank you all so much for your support and hugs-please stay with me today as I feel so lost.

Goodnight lovely gentle boy
Lulu is waiting for you and Dougal who thought you were his "dad".
We love you and miss you so much.
Maureen

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
When tomorrow starts without me,
And I'm not there to see;
The sun will rise and find your eyes
All filled with tears for me.
I wish so much you wouldn't cry
The way you did today,
Remembering how I'd lay my head
In your lap that special way.
I know how much you love me,
As much as I love you,
And each time that you think of me,
I know you'll miss me too.

But when tomorrow starts without me.
Please try to understand,
That an angel came and called my name
And petted me with her hand.
She said my place was ready,
In Heaven far above,
And that I'd have to leave behind
All those I dearly love.

But, as I turned to heel away,
A tear fell from my eye,
For all my life I never thought
That I would have to die.
I had so much to live for,
So many sits and downs to do,
It seemed almost impossible,
That I was leaving you.

·
Registered
10,788 Posts
So sorry to hear about your beloved Buster, dear Maureen.

My heart goes out to you....

G

·
Run free over the bridge wee Buster.

You have been a true and adoring best friend to Buster, remember all the great times you had with the big guy. Hugs to you and yours.

·
Registered
10 Posts
rest in peace beautiful buster - free from pain and now running with your friends. so much love i send to you maureen - its the hardest decision ive ever had to make, and we have done it for them, not us, which is why it hurts so much. this pain will pass - but for now i hope you can feel some comfort from all the love and support on here for you - rachel x

·
Registered
39,811 Posts
May your spirit run forever free in sunshine Buster, with friends both old and new.

Maureen, Im sure that Buster had a long and happy life with you and knew how much he was loved.

A Bridge Called Love

It takes us back to brighter years,
to happier sunlit days
and to precious moments
that will be with us always.
And these fond recollections
are treasured in the heart
to bring us always close to those
from whom we had to part.

There is a bridge of memories
from earth to Heaven above...
It keeps our dear ones near us

It's the bridge that we call love.

Author Unknown

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Run free Buster with Lulu & Dougal and keeping watching over your mum xxxx

·
Registered
837 Posts
RIP Buster, run free sweet boy xxx

Thinking of you and your family, Maureen, through this difficult time xxx

***HuGs***

·
Registered
383 Posts
My heart aches for you, a year ago I was preparing myself for the same fate for my dear sweet boy Angus, the pain we go through with our much loved companions, hope you are ok but know how much it hurts, it gets easier to bear xxx

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you all so much
Today has been so difficult
I got up and put sandals on thinking-Ill put my boots on later when we go for a walk.
His Aktivait tablets were poking out of the drawer-he used top sit there every morning and "sing" for his special tablet
One of his blankets was on the line-he used to wee nearly every a.m on his blanket so there was always 1 on the line.
I was dreading Alan coming in with toast as Buster would sing for a piece of his dads toast too.
I feel worse than I did yesterday and I just want to see him once again ,just to give him 1 last hug.
Thank you for being with me
God bless you all
Maureen

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.