Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Good toys of better quality?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Varkhond, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Varkhond

Varkhond PetForums Member

So, 2 minutes ago my dogs favorite toy (a thick rope with a ball on it) died. This is the 12th toy she had in this first year and some , which had an lifespan of 1-2weeks MAX.

What kinda stuff can you guys recommend? I thought about buying some hard rings like this http://www.buzzillions.com/dz_632314_nylabone_ring_dog_toy_reviews (just in better material, as she love to play tug of war or how its called. Those cute squeeky toys is out of question, i tried every kind of durable thing the pet store could provide.

So what I seek is something; very durable and fun + safe for the dog!
    Thanks in advance.

Sorry for another new thread already, but my poodle need a new chew toy before she turn my room into one!?

#1 Varkhond, Jul 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  2. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

Its difficult cos my dogs love ripping up toys, they seem to have given up on the toys they can only play tug of war with or teeth on as they cant rip these, now they have found out how to get into several kitchen cupboards to find things to rip ie, the telephone directory, packets of strawberry mousse, birds custard powder packet, cardboard box, psp wires, ethernet cable, phone wire, and the most favorite , the j cloth, oh they all love those!! I would love to find the perfect toy you can rip shred and then put it all back together again,,,,,,,,,sadly it doesnt exist. Good luck if finding something your dog likes even though they cant rip it to pieces. ;)

3. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

I tend to buy the really hard rubbery? type toys.
    But there never is many about, I have one at the moment which is a ball, with a bell inside it on a rope.

Before this we had one with a tennis ball on and it was destroyed within minutes.
    x

4. rona

rona Guest

5. Varkhond

Varkhond PetForums Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice