Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Good sites to read about different diets and studies

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Merixie, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Merixie

Merixie PetForums Member

I know everyone have different opinion and searching on the web makes me get conflicted information.

I’ve done a bit of reading on different research and studies that have been done on dog diets. From the benefit of having veggies in food to information about kibbles. I know dogs are omnivore

Right now I’m leaning towards homecooked food or barf, but kibbles and fresh food seem to be easiest (I’m a lazy person).

I would love if you could share a few sites where I can read more about home-cooked food. I’m stumbling around trying to find good sites to read on but it can be a bit hard going through the information.

I have also read the pined information within the forum.

2. CheddarS

CheddarS PetForums VIP

3. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Heavily biased in my opinion who seems to forgot about his training and going with what people want to hear, which is grain free. Hence why ask here a pet forum what people thought when setting up

Independent doesn't mean no bias.

If you want independent, science based the look at The Science Dog blog. Although there isn't a lot on nutrition as Linda P Case who runs it is a dog behaviourist and animal nutritionist. Well worth looking through though. For bits on raw feeding and the rumour mill about grain free and heart problems.

Torin. likes this.
  4. Merixie

Merixie PetForums Member

Thanks @lullabydream for giving tips on a science based blog, I’ll read into it and see what information it have. I’m not truly after nutrients right now. I’m just after to read more about dog diets to learn more and get a better understanding. I often prefer reading about science based studies.

I’m looking into barf and homecooked because the breed I’m interested in can sometimes go on hunger strikes and be picky with their food. So if my dog get a varied diet it might be more appetizing than kibbles ☺️

If it turns out my dog will be a picky eater.

5. CheddarS

CheddarS PetForums VIP

Nothing is bias free...however just reading lots and working with your dog will allow an informed decision. Linda Case has several good books as well but no two dogs are the same and so work with what you have. What may seem the perfect diet may not suit your dog...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice