Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Good quality wet/dry foods for a kitten and senior cat?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by rebalsi, Apr 15, 2011.

1. rebalsi

rebalsi PetForums Newbie

Hi

I have a Siamese kitten, 5 months old and she weighs between 2 and 2.5kg. So far I have fed her mainly what her breeder had her on which was a mixture of Felix GAIL kitten and Royal Canin Kitten 36, with her having 3 meals a day. She has gained weight OK on this - she put on about 0.6kg between 16 and 20 weeks of age which I feel is a good weight gain over 4 weeks.

I am wanting to change her on to a higher quality diet - I have ordered her some Animonda Carny Kitten and some Schesir Kitten Pouches for the wet food element of her diet. I am wondering what would be a good dry food to complement these feeds? Also, at what age should she go on to 2 meals a day?

I also have a Balinese male who is nearly 9 - he is about the right weight, 4 kg ish but he has a tendency to put on weight, partly as he is an indoor cat and also because he will steal the kitten's food at any opportunity! He is fed on Orijen in the mornings. In the evening he has Orijen together with Felix GAIL Senior, I am happy with the Orijen and haven't read any bad reports about it. I want to give him a higher quality wet food though - I have ordered some Almo Nature Light for him to try - I am aware that this is a complementary food but as he has the Orijen as well does this matter as he should be getting all the nutrients he needs from the Orijen? I only really feed him wet food as a treat as I think dry food on its own would be too boring for him. Any other good wet foods that are suitable for a senior/indoor cat?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice