UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to Nature's Gold being out of stock recently on ZP, I got a bag of OKO to make-do with.

When the bag arrived, it was very badly sewn up along the top and some had leaked into the delivery box.

I have done a litter change today and put in the new OKO. Now, I have only ever used it once before and that was over a year ago but I was sure it had more of a sawdust-type consistency. This one today is very similar in texture and appearance to the clay litter I used to use.

Is my memory wrong or is my OKO wrong?

Here's some piccies:

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
I have had to buy a bag of OKO from [email protected] to tide me over whilst natures gold is out of stock and I am stuck for money as well due to new job etc. However I am very disappointed with it :( It isn't clumping very well so loads of bits of wee are constantly staying in the tray :mad: and it doesn't seem to be covering smells very well!! :incazzato:

Come back natures gold I need you!!!!!

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you ladies. Your answers are hugely appreciated. :)

I don't have anything else so, either way, they were going to have to use it. :eek:

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm back on OKO too and god , the tracking !!!!! :mad: :mad: I now remeber why i changed :rolleyes: So along with Moos leaving presents , a bag of Natures Gold is being ordered too ! :)
I've recently been using the Tigerino Ecoverde as NG was unavailable for AGES and OKO was not good. Tigerino is the absolute WORST for tracking that I have ever come across....... :yikes:

My next ZP order will deffo be including some NG and normal service can be resumed at Moggy Towers. :yesnod:

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Indeed! I'm even changing the trays when they don't need it to get rid of the Tigerino - vile, vile stuff!
I've got half a bag left and it has been consigned to the shed 'for emergencies only'. It would have to be one HELL of an emergency for me to get it out.............!!!!!!!

I might use it for gritting an icy path or soakinng up oil spillage but NEVER as cat litter if I can possibly avoid it.

That's the last time I'm taking any notice of yon Lymorelynn's advice and recommendations. :incazzato: :lol:

wjhrkjgfjknbjvbuf jgirfvlmfvn jvnkls.xdd is what Abby thought of it!!!!! :laugh:

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You won'tlike the NGwhen you go back on it though. It hardly clumps any more.
:mad: So they are persisting with the poor quality of that are they??? Well, they will regret it when their sales drop. :thumbdown: It was the severe drop in standards of the NG that sent me onto the Tigerino in the first place.... :incazzato:

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I have had to buy a bag of OKO from [email protected] to tide me over whilst natures gold is out of stock and I am stuck for money as well due to new job etc. However I am very disappointed with it :( It isn't clumping very well so loads of bits of wee are constantly staying in the tray :mad: and it doesn't seem to be covering smells very well!! :incazzato:

Come back natures gold I need you!!!!!
That sounds like a bag from the faulty batch.
I had one from Pets at Home and it is the same. I dropped a note to the supplier and they are sending me a new bag.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
:mad: So they are persisting with the poor quality of that are they??? Well, they will regret it when their sales drop. :thumbdown: It was the severe drop in standards of the NG that sent me onto the Tigerino in the first place.... :incazzato:
Oh, I thought it was just a faulty batch of the NG as well, I was going to get it again once it had been sorted out, is it possible it IS just a faulty batch?

I bought Worlds Best while the cat tree offer was on, have yet to change over as still have some of the powdery OKO left, and it tracks horribly.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
I love the fact that OKO and NG are flushable as it cuts down on having loads of waste hanging around. It used to be bad enough when I just had the one cat but now I have three :yikes: But I am seriously thinking about just getting a cheaper version of a clumping litter (don't know which one though) as my mum is always complaining about the odour at the moment :incazzato:

·
Registered
10,861 Posts
I, like others, complained to the supplier who sent me out replacements from a totally different batch. They clumped just as badly as the first lot, so it's a no go. Pet Food Warehouse still has NG in stock if you're desperate, but I'm telling you, you won't like it. If any of you would like minimum quantities to try, I'm happy to order some closer to the time and bring it to the Supreme, as I know that Pet Food Warehouse' minimum order for free delivery is something like 40 L.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
I, like others, complained to the supplier who sent me out replacements from a totally different batch. They clumped just as badly as the first lot, so it's a no go. Pet Food Warehouse still has NG in stock if you're desperate, but I'm telling you, you won't like it. If any of you would like minimum quantities to try, I'm happy to order some closer to the time and bring it to the Supreme, as I know that Pet Food Warehouse' minimum order for free delivery is something like 40 L.
Ahhhh :( you see this is why i hadn't ordered any sooner :( have you had any from ZPs new stock Carly ? I was hoping the problems would be sorted now :(

·
Registered
127 Posts
I personally do not like clay litter for the cats health issues only as the dust can cause stomach issues as well as other problems. We use a litter called oz pet
Eco friendly litter manufactured from waste plantation sawdust.
Recycles waste wood that would otherwise be dumped.
Contains no additives.
Can be composted or used as mulch.
100% organic

Sadly you can't get that one in the UK. But Verdo Wood Pellet Cat Litter would be very similar to it for $9.99 for 10kg bag.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
I've got half a bag left and it has been consigned to the shed 'for emergencies only'. It would have to be one HELL of an emergency for me to get it out.............!!!!!!!

I might use it for gritting an icy path or soakinng up oil spillage but NEVER as cat litter if I can possibly avoid it.

That's the last time I'm taking any notice of yon Lymorelynn's advice and recommendations. :incazzato: :lol:

wjhrkjgfjknbjvbuf jgirfvlmfvn jvnkls.xdd is what Abby thought of it!!!!! :laugh:

Gosh, believe it was me who first mentioned the Tigerino and not Lynn!! :) Actually I found the tracking with the Oko to be far worse and I agree with you the consistency of the older Oko ( not tried it recently) appeared to be far finer and more dusty than the Tigerino which contained larger particles.

I've come to the conclusion that with considerable variation between bags and brands combined with feline habits, it's practially impossible to recommend a litter to others! It all boils down to what suits the individual user.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.