UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1341 - 1360 of 1575 Posts

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
Morning yawning (literally)
I am seriously tired, very little sleep last night as my mind was reeling with everything that needs doing in preparation for our trip...plus I had to nuke the house this morning before my parents arrive, most of which couldn't be done till a)we got out of the bed and b) I'd showered, sorted cats etc. Add to that an emergency job for us last minute yesterday so poor OH has had even less sleep.

I'll be leaving for Sheffield in a bit, taking a nice drive up there with plenty of singing and then lunch and maybe even an afternoon nap on arrival! Tomorrow is the big day 😍 Had a mini panic last night after double checking the parking situation at the hotel, which they can't guarantee a space. Luckily I managed to find a different (nicer) hotel a bit further out :)

@Mrs Funkin good luck at the vets with Mr O
@Charity the end is in sight...

Enjoy the lovely weather everyone x

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Good morning. I went back to bed for a bit more sleep after Kito o clock so a later start for me today. I did want to be moving a bit sooner but I intend to enjoy my week off work and that means not having too stringent a schedule. Kito was early as usual and again wouldn’t settle after breakfast. The pair of them were being annoying with Mosi alternating between taunting Kito or coming to bed and proceeding to wash his bum 2 inches from my face. Kito satisfied himself with just shouting. Eventually everyone calmed down and I was able to get a bit more sleep. Still feel really tired though.

I hope Oscar is ok @Mrs Funkin

I am going to try to not get sunburnt today. Seems a simple aim for the ay. It looks like it’s going to be another hot one here today.

·
Human mother to Oscar
12,813 Posts
Well I’m doing a pretty good impression of being a drowned rat…crikey! Got a bit soaked on my run.

@Bertie'sMum You know Oscar so well - of course he will bat his little lashes at Annette and all will be well (she says hopefully!).

Right. The grocery shopping awaits…!

·
Registered
10,742 Posts
Good morning all. I hope you are all keeping well. :) The boys love being out the garden. But I am pretty worried about them being out there. As I have been telling buffie. Someone in a house behind us is growing canibbis, and the smell is horrendout. I have been getting terrible headaches over it. Our neighbours won’t even open their doors and windows over it. None of us want to report them as these people can be very dangerous. We never see police on our estate any more, since the police got petrol thrown over them when chasing someone on a stolen motorbike.
I want to put a couple of pictures of the boys on. But I don’t know how to with the new site
viv xx

·
Cat Chat Friend
20,573 Posts
Morning all.
Well Dad went home last night and much as I love him I did breathe a little sigh of relief. He’s 84 and very fit and with it but does need watching.

The first thing I did when he left was was the stair carpet as there were dirty marks in all the vertical steps which I worked out was where he’d kicked his shoes against going up and down!!!

Today’s job is to venture into his bedroom and see what damage has been done there - I just shut the door on it yesterday lol!

Well I managed to sort of swing a club a few times yesterday. It was a bit odd as what I thought would hurt didn’t and what I didn’t think would hurt did! But I did manage to hit a couple of good half shots and putting was ok so that’s a start.

I’m a bit sore today but go physio in a mo which is good as she’ll hopefully sort me out. Can’t wait to tell her I was on the course yesterday as I know she’ll be pleased.

I’m still trying to get to grips with this forum -seems like it’s taking a lot longer to navigate and do things but hopefully that will speed up as I get used to it.

Have a good day everyone! Hope vet visits go well for those that are heading that way!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Good morning.
Early for me 🤣
The girls are still fast asleep, pinning me down in a triangular position 😹
Just done a couple of mod things on here - @TonyG I hope that's how you wanted it?
I should have been going to London but now that's off I don't really have any plans for the day.
Hope all goes well with the kitchen floor @Charity and young Oscar Woo's visit to the vet doesn't turn up anything unsuspected @Mrs Funkin
Have a good day everyone
That’ll be fine, many thanks Lynn ☺

·
Obedient Cat Slave
5,348 Posts
Good morning all. I hope you are all keeping well. :) The boys love being out the garden. But I am pretty worried about them being out there. As I have been telling buffie. Someone in a house behind us is growing canibbis, and the smell is horrendout. I have been getting terrible headaches over it. Our neighbours won’t even open their doors and windows over it. None of us want to report them as these people can be very dangerous. We never see police on our estate any more, since the police got petrol thrown over them when chasing someone on a stolen motorbike.
I want to put a couple of pictures of the boys on. But I don’t know how to with the new site
viv xx
If you go over to the topic about the new format there are a few posts there about how to upload photos :)

Reactions: vivien

·
Registered
9,516 Posts
Good 2.30(very late I know) in the afternoon everyone. Well I've managed to arrange for someone to come out tomorrow and have a look at my leaky pipework, so hope she will approve the work needed.
I spent today, from 6am :censored:!!!, stripping all the carpet out of the closet. It wasn't too wet so reusable and it's drying outside. I then pulled up and binned all the lino that was down. The concrete floor is a real mess so I've been using a wallpaper scraper on it to get rid of as much gunge as possible. I've sprinkled bicarb all over, hoping it will absorb any moisture left on the floor but it's a lot drier now, and smells better.
I ache all over. I know exercise is supposed to be good for you and I've been up and down kneeling on the floor so many times my thighs should be rock hard :rolleyes: .My back however feels like jelly.
Hope everyone is having a good day. I'm still struggling with the new layout so sorry if I miss anything important.
Nice pearlies @Mrs Funkin , hope your gp appointment goes well.
@huckybuck , :D You dad sounds marvellous. Lovely to hear someone his age has so much get up and go. Sorry to hear you shoulder is giving you gyp. Have you got any exercise the physio gave you to do at home?
Apologies to anyone I've left out. Promise to do better next time. Or at least when I get more used to the new PF.
Hope the rest of the day goes well for everybody. xx

·
Cat Chat Friend
20,573 Posts
Don’t know how but I missed your “leaky pipes” eughhhhh what a pain.

Just been going through all that here as well and it’s a nightmare. I hope it hasn’t caused too much damage and hope the plumber can stop it happening again. We’ve had them out four times now. Last time they put down leak stop so hoping that’s the end of it.

We still have a ceiling to re plaster but that’s another story.

Ok and this is very weird but you know “that smell” of the leak and concrete - I sort of like it 😱

·
Endangered Species
25,956 Posts
What a week of maintenance problems for some. @Cully, a good dollop of Deep Heat for you tonight. 😋

Today, is not a good day like the other day. this laminate laying is so so noisy, the chap has been wearing ear defenders some of the time so we took a leaf out of Bunty's book and all escaped to the garden this morning as it was right outside every room. Toppy came back in for a nap at lunchtime but went out again, then it started to rain quite heavily so he's braved it and is in the bedroom with me and gone into his bed to try and nap...good luck with that Toppy. 😄 Bunty has come in a couple of times then legged it again and remains in hiding and getting wet under her bush. 😏 It's beginning to grate on my nerves now its been going on for four hours or more. 🥴

OH got sandwiches in for lunch and got me a bag of Cadbury's Chocolate Buttons, he knows the way to my heart. 😋Scoffed half already. 🤗

I feel as if this day will never end. 😩 One cheery thing, I won't have to bore you with the riveting tales of carpeting any more after today. Watch out for the next mini series called 'Riveting Tales of Beds' on Tuesday. 😂

@Ali71, hope you have a successful day tomorrow.

·
Registered
9,516 Posts
Don’t know how but I missed your “leaky pipes” eughhhhh what a pain.

Just been going through all that here as well and it’s a nightmare. I hope it hasn’t caused too much damage and hope the plumber can stop it happening again. We’ve had them out four times now. Last time they put down leak stop so hoping that’s the end of it.

We still have a ceiling to re plaster but that’s another story.

Ok and this is very weird but you know how that smell” of the leak and concrete - I sort of like it 😱
Yea, weird :eek:. The smell I'm tryng to get rid of is bloomin' mould!!! Now all the wet stuff is up that should help a lot.
I love tarmac when it's still wet:).

Reactions: huckybuck

·
Registered
9,516 Posts
What a week of maintenance problems for some. @Cully, a good dollop of Deep Heat for you tonight. 😋

Today, is not a good day like the other day. this laminate laying is so so noisy, the chap has been wearing ear defenders some of the time so we took a leaf out of Bunty's book and all escaped to the garden this morning as it was right outside every room. Toppy came back in for a nap at lunchtime but went out again, then it started to rain quite heavily so he's braved it and is in the bedroom with me and gone into his bed to try and nap...good luck with that Toppy. 😄 Bunty has come in a couple of times then legged it again and remains in hiding and getting wet under her bush. 😏 It's beginning to grate on my nerves now its been going on for four hours or more. 🥴

OH got sandwiches in for lunch and got me a bag of Cadbury's Chocolate Buttons, he knows the way to my heart. 😋Scoffed half already. 🤗

I feel as if this day will never end. 😩 One cheery thing, I won't have to bore you with the riveting tales of carpeting any more after today. Watch out for the next mini series called 'Riveting Tales of Beds' on Tuesday. 😂

@Ali71, hope you have a successful day tomorrow.
Oh dear, well as the saying goes, 'you have to take the rough with the smooth'. I guess yesterday was the smooth.
Day almost over now and then it's peace and quiet. Poor T&B. any awful noise here and Moo disappears. It must be so grating on their hearing, especially when it goes on for so long.
At least you have a few days to prepare for the bed saga. although I do hope there is no actual riveting taking place or I shall wonder what your new beds are made of:giggle:.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Sorry so many maintenance issues. Hope yours gets sorted quickly @Cully. I hate it when things like that happen as I can’t do moving around of stuff or lifting carpets etc. The boys are pretty immune to noise. They both had to cope with the grand refit of 2018 which was very noisy - we were all holed up in the bedroom whilst all the noise went on just outside the door.

I’ve had a nice day out except that I exited Tatton Park by a different exit to that I normally use and had no idea how to get home! Should have set sat nav at the start not after I’d been driving around the Cheshire countryside for half an hour at rush hour. Eventually got home but later than usual and the boys were not impressed with my lateness. Mosi was sat in the kitchen window looking out for me and he voiced his displeasure as soon as my key went in the lock. However, they are now fed and watered, litter trays have been scooped and I’m sat with a glass of wine thinking I should get on with supper. But I need a drink first!

I got to Tatton this morning, took off my glasses and realised I’d driven all the way there wearing my reading glasses…. :oops:

·
Human mother to Oscar
12,813 Posts
Sorry so many maintenance issues. Hope yours gets sorted quickly @Cully. I hate it when things like that happen as I can’t do moving around of stuff or lifting carpets etc. The boys are pretty immune to noise. They both had to cope with the grand refit of 2018 which was very noisy - we were all holed up in the bedroom whilst all the noise went on just outside the door.

I’ve had a nice day out except that I exited Tatton Park by a different exit to that I normally use and had no idea how to get home! Should have set sat nav at the start not after I’d been driving around the Cheshire countryside for half an hour at rush hour. Eventually got home but later than usual and the boys were not impressed with my lateness. Mosi was sat in the kitchen window looking out for me and he voiced his displeasure as soon as my key went in the lock. However, they are now fed and watered, litter trays have been scooped and I’m sat with a glass of wine thinking I should get on with supper. But I need a drink first!

I got to Tatton this morning, took off my glasses and realised I’d driven all the way there wearing my reading glasses…. :oops:
Oh I loved Tatton Park as a child - we went on school trips there.

Hope the furries have forgiven you ;)

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
Good Morning
My natural alarm clock came into play today and I’m sat up in my hotel bed drinking tea… well where else would I visit but this thread? ;)

A very long drive and tricky day yesterday, all told. OH didn’t get here till about 9.30 last night after much worse for him!

My parents are house and cat sitting while we are away but I checked-in on the boys last night and this morning… heart strings well and truly tugged.
Furniture Building Window Couch Comfort

Cat Window Comfort Window blind Carnivore

They are the wrong way round but bottom one was about 8 last night and the top one just now…:cry: I miss them so much and it looks like they miss us too.

We are going to get showered etc soon and leave here about 6 so we can be at the venue early to set up.

@Charity I hope you’re a bit less jangled today and can enjoy some peace..thank you for your kind wishes. The day has finally arrived and I’m nervous but excited 😬

@huckybuck glad you enjoyed a good swing again

Wishing you all a lovely day whatever you are up to xxx

·
Human mother to Oscar
12,813 Posts
Oh @Ali71 :( you’ll be back to them soon. Maybe they’ll let you have a little lie in as a treat when you get back. I hope the show goes brilliantly - have a great day.

So we were woken at 5 by the small furry alarm clock. Husband said yesterday, “how is it okay to wake up so early every day?”…he makes a good point to be fair. I dozed until my coffee arrived at 5:45. Work today for me, not particularly fancying it as I know what I’ve got coming up…! Still, I have to go as I spent £400 yesterday on food, petrol and vet bill - my money is evaporating at the moment. Oscar’s Sheba beef trays (currently can only get them in Morrisons) are 75p each now! My car (only a fiesta eco boost) wasn’t even bing bonging for petrol and cost me £71 to fill up. It was an £8 difference since I last filled up. I’m just lucky that I only drive to work and back ten times in four weeks, plus the supermarket - most other journeys we walk or cycle.

Have a good day everyone. May you all do something lovely :)

·
aka BNC
1,921 Posts
Its FRIDAY! Yay. And my laptop is fixed so Im back on line properly - it hasn't helped this forum look any better :(

Had my obligatory cuddle with Barney before getting up at 7am - hes really good, he always sleeps in to about 6.30am then comes and lies on me for a cuddle and tummy tickle, purring away.

I really dont know what to do this weekend - had thought about York but the bloody train strikes have put an end to that. So, will have to think about it today and come up with a plan.

Enjoy everyone!

·
Obedient Cat Slave
5,348 Posts
Good Morning :)
I was originally up at 4am but after an early cuppa I managed to doze off again until 8.30. Lily has patrolled the garden, had her breakfast and has now gone back to bed:rolleyes: Apart from visiting the car wash and deadheading in the garden I've nothing else planned for today - apart from the one job I always put off doing - the ironing(n)(n)

·
Registered
14,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,360 ·
Good morning everyone

@Cully I missed your leak too!!!!! I have been there and it’s NOT funny. I hope not too much damage has been done and your bone dry soon.

@Ali71 awwww your boys will be ruined so try and enjoy yourselves.

@Charity you were up late last night, dont know why my text went through at that time, then you were up early this morning! Calmness can come back to your life now, until the bed saga.:)

Got crochet today swapped from yesterday. Library books to be returned before the library assistant gets me in a head lock;) a bit of shopping and back to gardening.

have a lovely day everyone xx

1341 - 1360 of 1575 Posts