UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1321 - 1340 of 1575 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Morning

I somehow turned this page onto black background,,, not good for the eyes. We will get used to this new layout because we have no choice unless we leave, but the adverts on the right side are sooooo blinking annoying and I’m not paying to block them.

Libby woke me at 3.00am and threw up a fur ball right on the back of my head and pillow so I was washing my hair and changing my pillowcase at 3.15am. :rolleyes: She then skipped away happy as Larry.

Off to dentist today to pick up my trays then vets with Dolly for her annual vaccination.

lovely sunny day here.

Have a good day everyone.

Guys quick way to cat chat, - top right next to NEW are lines, click and find cat forum, much quicker, if any ads flashing there will be a tiny x top right corner, that will get rid of top advert but I have a strong feeling that every time you refresh a page you will get a new advert. X
You don’t have to pay. Whether a PC or phone/tablet, just download AdBlock for free, it takes care of most adverts.

·
Human mother to Oscar
12,813 Posts
Haha @ewelsh I've been good and have been going every six months for the last four years. It’s much better now for me - I just hate teeth. I’m lucky really I had a root filling (and later an ordinary filling) after all that time, I think the dentist was a bit annoyed ;)

No opticians, I did that earlier in the year - have to go yearly due to my cataracts! I think I’m ready for the knackers yard as my dad would have said :)

·
Obedient Cat Slave
5,348 Posts
Haha @ewelsh I've been good and have been going every six months for the last four years. It’s much better now for me - I just hate teeth. I’m lucky really I had a root filling (and later an ordinary filling) after all that time, I think the dentist was a bit annoyed ;)

No opticians, I did that earlier in the year - have to go yearly due to my cataracts! I think I’m ready for the knackers yard as my dad would have said :)
With all I've had going on in the last 6 months I told my sister the other day that I'm definitely past my sell by date and am now officially falling apart :oops:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Good morning (ish! :unsure:)all!

Just home yesterday after the most wonderful little holiday - first time we have been on holiday in 3 years! Just a long weekend a couple of hours away but was the whole extended family (including dogs!) in a big house and it was super relaxing. My 2 year old daughter’s first ever holiday!:D

Also Rosie & Theo’s first ever holiday… they seemed to do ok at the cattery, they settled quite well on arrival at it and were very glad to have their own beds with them. The report was that they ate well and did ok, though Theo was more nervous throughout, and think both of them took the owner by surprise with their climbing and jumping antics - doesn’t surprise me as they’re acrobats in their catio and they definitely treated their wee pen the same. Was so happy to get them back home and they settled back down in no time enjoying their home comforts so we’re all happily reunited!

hope everyone doing ok!

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I am a dental phone too. Not been for years. My dentist went from nhs to private years ago and at the time it was hard to find an nhs one so I didn’t try too hard. Not been since and I really do need to.

I’ve had a really nice day at Martin Mere but why do I always get sunburnt? I never seem to learn. I did put some sunscreen on before I left but it was only factor 20 and it’s a few years old so I’m not sure it would be effective anyway. At one point the sun was beating down on me and I could almost see my arms frying in front of my eyes (right arm in particular is stretched out operating my scooter). I went on the reedbed walk which is marked as not suitable for wheelchairs (I see that as a challenge rather than advice) and I got stuck a few times. The ground was so parched there were quite a few dips in one area and my back wheels kept getting stuck. A nice couple helped me the first time then I had to help myself but fortunately I am able to get out of the scooter, put it into brake off/pushing mode and shove it enough to get the back wheels out of trouble.

Need to go and hosepipe the garden now.

·
Cat Chat Friend
20,573 Posts
Have you tried a different browser HB? Worth a go I reckon. Sometimes things just aren’t optimised properly for every browser (yes they should be but they just aren’t).
I used to use chrome but got fed up of the ads so installed Brave the other day which was great. No ads. But now I can’t do anything on that because of the stupid banner. So have had to use chrome again.

Does ad block work for Chrome?

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
Good morning!!!

I expect I'll be the first post today as you can't get any earlier than 12am :ROFLMAO: What, you might ask, am I doing up at this hour?. Well I'm listening to two Muntjac's screaming blue murder at each other down in the woods!!! Plus it's too hot to sleep, and I'm sure I can hear a combine harvester at work somewhere out there too, so sleep is alluding me.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Good morning!!!

I expect I'll be the first post today as you can't get any earlier than 12am :ROFLMAO: What, you might ask, am I doing up at this hour?. Well I'm listening to two Muntjac's screaming blue murder at each other down in the woods!!! Plus it's too hot to sleep, and I'm sure I can hear a combine harvester at work somewhere out there too, so sleep is alluding me.
I know the feeling! And when I do go to bed I’ll have a hot cat laying on me 🙄

·
Endangered Species
25,956 Posts
Morning one and all. It was a hot night. Got woken up at 5.20 by sounds of a furball so jumped out of bed and picked up the first thing I could find and shoved it under Toppy's nose...phew! Just missed the new carpet. 🧐 I can see this will be a challenge. :unsure:

Yesterday was frustrating. I managed to find a rescue to take my neighbour's dogs and someone was ready to come straight away then things didn't go as planned so its an ongoing situation. 😒

We worked like Trojans clearing the kitchen and moving the heavy appliances and cleaning under the fridge, washing machine etc. There was more dog hair there than you could shake a stick at. 🐶 I'm amazed we have only found one fluffy mouse and two plastic balls while doing all this moving, I thought there would be more. 🐱

At least today is the last day thank goodness. Bunty will have to stay in today and hide somewhere as its likely going to rain most of the afternoon so i forbid her to sit outside under a dripping bush.

OH has already brought me tea in bed, though, of course I am not in bed. Talking of which, our new ones come on Tuesday...hooray. Then we can get back to normal hopefully.

Are you still awake @Tigermoon? 🥴

Have a good day everyone and may all your problems be little ones. :D

·
Human mother to Oscar
12,813 Posts
Good morning all, it’s glum looking but cooler today. Oscar had a funny turn yesterday, sort of stumbled twice, then had his hand by his face, so I scooped him up and whisked him inside - where he proceeded to be fine and scoff a bowl of jelly. We are off to see Annette the Vet today, already booked in for repeat bloods to check his thyroid, so that’s good timing. I suspect she will just say to monitor him. Perhaps we will end up with hyperthyroid to deal with today - and then epilepsy further along the line. Blimey. I’ll update his thread later.

My day should bring a run with pal, then it’s shopping day, then vet at 4pm. Hopefully not too much of a list today…especially as I went to a funny shop about five miles away yesterday (I was halfway there at GP) which sells the most bizarre things but most importantly, Elke’s biscuits (the original “cow biscuits” from my childhood)…including chocolate malted milks :) you can’t get the proper ones anywhere else that I know of.

I hope everyone has a lovely day, whether it brings hefting furniture, or reading a book. Don’t forget to do at least one thing that makes you happy :)

·
Administrator
35,983 Posts
Good morning.
Early for me 🤣
The girls are still fast asleep, pinning me down in a triangular position 😹
Just done a couple of mod things on here - @TonyG I hope that's how you wanted it?
I should have been going to London but now that's off I don't really have any plans for the day.
Hope all goes well with the kitchen floor @Charity and young Oscar Woo's visit to the vet doesn't turn up anything unsuspected @Mrs Funkin
Have a good day everyone

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Good morning cat chatters :)

It was a bit misty first thing but the sun has cleared that now.
This morning I may plant out what I bought yesterday before the heat hits then maybe visit my aunt this afternoon, she wants to show me the roses I bought her at Xmas.

I hope that Oscar gets on okay at the vet @Mrs Funkin

Have a lovely day all x

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
Are you still awake @Tigermoon? 🥴
Luckily by the time you'd posted this I had managed to drop off.

Vet for me again today as I found one of my cats has something wrong with the skin on her back legs :(

Better news was that Frosty passed the vet with flying colours at his post op check yesterday evening.

The bathroom is almost finished, hopefully today will be the day which will make things a lot easier.

·
Obedient Cat Slave
5,348 Posts
Good Morning :)
Can't stop long as after another crappy night I overslept and am now running late for charity shop shift :oops: Hoping to get out into the garden this afternoon for some overdue deadheading but if the rain gets here first that will have to wait until tomorrow.

@Mrs Funkin good luck at the vets today - I'm sure that if Oscar's batts his eyelashes at Annette she'll pronounce him fit and well :)

@Tigermoon I've been debating a new bathroom since I moved in here 9 years ago but don't think I could put up with the mess and upheaval :eek:

·
Registered
14,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,340 ·
Good sunny morning everyone!

Another one who struggled to sleep last night, it didn’t help that Libby wanted to warm mummy’s neck.

Good luck to new floors, good luck Oscar Woo. Glad frosty is better, hope your other cat will be ok @Tigermoon

@lymorelynn I see a lot of stickies have been removed…. Much better x

1321 - 1340 of 1575 Posts