UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1301 - 1320 of 1575 Posts

·
Obedient Cat Slave
5,348 Posts
Good Morning :)

I haven't found much to like abut this new version yet either - I especially don't like that smilies don't stay "open" and that I have to reload them each time I want to use one !

Must go shopping this morning - food cupboards beginning to resemble Mother Hubbard's :eek: Then think I might visit the car wash as my car is covered with the last lot of Saharan dust/sand that came down a few days back and now looks more pink than red :rolleyes:

@Charity - nearly at the finishing line now and soon be back to normal (just remember to keep breathing in the meantime !)

·
Administrator
35,983 Posts
Good morning 🌞
I think the new layout is rather bland and boring but we'll see how it goes.
I spent yesterday rearranging the furniture in the lounge and then put it all back to how it was 🤣 Surprisingly few cat toys under the sofas!
Today I'm popping over to my step-daughter's to drop off her wedding anniversary card and my son-in-law's birthday card which I forgot to give them on Sunday. They live less than five miles away but I'm still considering going on the bus rather than by car - free bus pass v the price of petrol!
Have a good day everyone

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
Good Morning
Well I'm a bit disorientated for all sorts of reasons! Not sure about this layout but if it's the only way we can all stick together and chat then we will have to try :)
Had a very stressful afternoon yesterday (work) which morphed into the evening and was still stressed at 9 last night when we are normally on a wind down.... we have our big show on Friday as well, and my parents are coming to look after the fur-kids, so I've got to think about what to get in for them, is this clean, beds done, pack for me and husband etc. So Milo starts at 2.30 today, I got up as usual to drink tea and try to get back to sleep but the latter never happened as my mind went back to last night!

Luckily I think we are getting there with the initial work stress thing, just travelling and exhibiting to go 😆 I do feel sorry for my parents because I doubt Milo will give them a day off either...I'll pop the parasol up in the garden so they can have a snooze in the shade.

I might not get time to post for a few days so I hope you all enjoy some sunshine and look after yourselves... good luck for the rest of the house tomorrow @Charity
@Bertie'sMum mine is being valeted this morning :)
At least it will be nice and tidy for my journey. I'm looking forward to 3 + hours in the car to sing my heart out!!

xx

·
Registered
9,516 Posts
I'm TOTALLY LOST!!!!!!
WAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!
Me too. I feel like contacting 'confused .com'. It's hard work ploughing through all the threads to locate what used to be at your fingertips. And I resent the implication I need guiding/suggestions to find content which might be interesting, instead of making my own choices.
I really hope it gets easier.:confused:

·
Cat Chat Friend
20,573 Posts
Morning.
My Dad is 84 and he’s wearing me out :LOL:
Took him to Bletchley Park yesterday and he still didn’t go to bed til almost midnight. I am shattered 🤣

He and Mr HB are doing a few holes today and I’m going to walk with them. I might see if I can do a half swing at some point and see how the shoulder holds up! It’s doing well although I’ve missed physio this week so fingers crossed.

Gorgeous day but looks a hot one!

Still really annoyed with this format but trying. Blinking banner still there and keep getting a funny blue vertical line on the left hand side when typing - what’s that about???

·
Cat Chat Friend
20,573 Posts
Me too. I feel like contacting 'confused .com'. It's hard work ploughing through all the threads to locate what used to be at your fingertips. And I resent the implication I need guiding/suggestions to find content which might be interesting, instead of making my own choices.
I really hope it gets easier.:confused:
Exactly this!!! The colours and all that don’t bother me but the ease of navigating does. Not sure it will encourage me to move around and post in as many threads as much.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Good morning. It's looking to be a scorcher!

I have to finish weeding the extended border on the left of the garden so will do that soon before it gets too hot. Then off to the garden centre to see what plants they have, if not I will order from Crocus.

I need to get more insect repellent too... why do they love the taste of me! 🥺

Hope everyone's day goes well xx

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Good Morning :)

I haven't found much to like abut this new version yet either - I especially don't like that smilies don't stay "open" and that I have to reload them each time I want to use one !
Now you see I like that! I used to get annoyed that they stayed open as it took up too much of the screen when on phone or ipad.

The green site was like a warm comforting blanket I could wrap around me when drinking my morning coffee and catch with everyone, read a few dog threads for my dog fix etc. but now it just seems bland and vast and weird. Nothing draws me in, if that makes sense. But I also know that I am very resistant to change and that sometimes I just have to suck it up and make it work.

·
Registered
14,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,310 ·
Morning

I somehow turned this page onto black background,,, not good for the eyes. We will get used to this new layout because we have no choice unless we leave, but the adverts on the right side are sooooo blinking annoying and I’m not paying to block them.

Libby woke me at 3.00am and threw up a fur ball right on the back of my head and pillow so I was washing my hair and changing my pillowcase at 3.15am. :rolleyes: She then skipped away happy as Larry.

Off to dentist today to pick up my trays then vets with Dolly for her annual vaccination.

lovely sunny day here.

Have a good day everyone.

Guys quick way to cat chat, - top right next to NEW are lines, click and find cat forum, much quicker, if any ads flashing there will be a tiny x top right corner, that will get rid of top advert but I have a strong feeling that every time you refresh a page you will get a new advert. X

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I don’t have any ads or empty space on the right now. The thread fills the screen nicely and it all looks better. I don’t know whether it’s ipad specific but I have Aa at the top in the address bar. By selecting A, everything gets a bit bigger and fills the screen without that bar thing on the right.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Guys quick way to cat chat, - top right next to NEW are lines, click and find cat forum, much quicker, if any ads flashing there will be a tiny x top right corner, that will get rid of top advert but I have a strong feeling that every time you refresh a page you will get a new advert. X
If you click on the forum pages that you regularly look at, e.g. Cat Chat, then click follow forum - when you click on menu lines, all those pages are at the top of the menu ;)

·
Human mother to Oscar
12,813 Posts
Morning.
My Dad is 84 and he’s wearing me out :LOL:
Took him to Bletchley Park yesterday and he still didn’t go to bed til almost midnight. I am shattered 🤣

He and Mr HB are doing a few holes today and I’m going to walk with them. I might see if I can do a half swing at some point and see how the shoulder holds up! It’s doing well although I’ve missed physio this week so fingers crossed.

Gorgeous day but looks a hot one!

Still really annoyed with this format but trying. Blinking banner still there and keep getting a funny blue vertical line on the left hand side when typing - what’s that about???
Have you tried a different browser HB? Worth a go I reckon. Sometimes things just aren’t optimised properly for every browser (yes they should be but they just aren’t).

·
Registered
14,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,319 ·
Hygienist and dentist done and dusted - this is me now :)

View attachment 573413

(Not bad for a dental phobe who didn’t go for 16 years!)

Well done @Mrs Funkin 16years :oops: wow thats a long time. They should have given you a sticker

I love going to the hygienist keeps my pearly whites lovely. I dont mind the dentist actually, my problem is I have a small mouth ( husband disagrees ) plus my dentist has big fingers, so its tricky on times. X

1301 - 1320 of 1575 Posts