UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 1446 Posts

·
Registered
14,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was chatting to an old boy outside the village shop, I just said " good morning" and smiled and so we got chatting, He just wanted someone to chat to and actually said " its rather lovely to hear someone say good morning to me"

So, this will be a thread where we can just say good morning to each other and share whatever we want to share.

Flower Plant People in nature Petal Sky

·
Obedient Cat Slave
5,328 Posts
Meant to say Good Morning earlier but I was running late for the appointment with my diabetes Nurse ! So Good Afternoon will have to do instead :)

Yesterday I was chatting to an old boy outside the village shop, I just said " good morning" and smiled and so we got chatting, He just wanted someone to chat to and actually said " its rather lovely to hear someone say good morning to me"
That's something I've done for years - learnt it of my Mother, she would stop and speak to anyone passing by bless her :D

·
Registered
233 Posts
Lovely idea… good afternoon from me! Not been on here much recently as work has been very busy and juggling the kids too… but just taking a little break from it now though to catch up on some cat chat and how lovely to see just a wee thread for a hello :)

Will no doubt be back soon and will have some photos to post at the end of the week as our two little tear-aways will be 1 on Friday!

Big week for birthdays in our animal family as we've just had the pony's 26th on Saturday too… Whole family went along to celebrate and my biggest girl has just started riding him too so he's got no time to settle to his retirement!

Horse Vertebrate Mammal Working animal Pet supply

Wishing everyone a good day! X

·
Human mother to Oscar
12,789 Posts
Good afternoon, friends. Lovely idea for a thread @ewelsh.

I always try to say good morning to people on my morning runs along the Prom. I especially try to speak to people who are on their own, just in case they don't say hello to anyone else all day, you never know. I also say hello to Teddy (wire fox terrier) and Lola (Labrador) - and occasionally their owners ;)

Hope everyone is having a nice day so far.

·
Mentored by Meeko
26,448 Posts
A belated Good Afternoon never mind Good morning from Meeko and Servant .I had intended to say "hello " this morning but things caught up with me .
I have always greeted people with a smile even from when I was a tiny little person , my parents always said I was never a bashful child ;):D.

·
Endangered Species
25,932 Posts
.Good morning, sorry I missed this yesterday.

Guess where we're going today.....yes, vets of course. It's Purdey's turn, she's going for her allergy injection. It's a lovely day so I'll be in the garden later.

Talking of meeting people, the other day while out for a doggie walk, I bumped into a man with a lovely dog and he was telling me that she came from Romania, she had been dumped with her two siblings. Then he proceeded to give me tips on how to play with your dog. :D It's so nice when friendly people want to chat.

My OH passes a lady every morning when he's out walking Purdey, she also has a black labrador, and he makes a point of saying good morning but she never responds, not even with a smile. I've also seen her occasionally and smiled but she totally ignores me too. :(

White Rectangle Textile Pink Font

·
Registered
233 Posts
Good morning! I'm here this morning, with a coffee of course!

Just stumbled across booky threads on here last night so was over scouring them for recommendations this morning and saw your message pop up @Charity. Best of luck to Purdey, sure she'll be fine!

Lovely to hear of the rescue dog. We always had rescue dogs growing up and when we eventually do add a dog to our family some time in the future I'd love to do that. I am currently hooked on the Dog House on TV, does anyone watch? Seeing the joy of a second chance at a new life gets me every time!

Hope you all have a good day.

·
Obedient Cat Slave
5,328 Posts
Here on time today :D Can't guarantee to make it every day - depends on whether I've had a good night or not :eek:

Today I'm hoping to get the results of the MRI I had on my neck 3 weeks ago and to find out what treatment is being proposed ! Then it will just be a quick shop in Sainsburys and back home to get some more gardening done (or maybe the ironing instead ?)

·
Endangered Species
25,932 Posts
Good morning! I'm here this morning, with a coffee of course!

Just stumbled across booky threads on here last night so was over scouring them for recommendations this morning and saw your message pop up @Charity. Best of luck to Purdey, sure she'll be fine!

Lovely to hear of the rescue dog. We always had rescue dogs growing up and when we eventually do add a dog to our family some time in the future I'd love to do that. I am currently hooked on the Dog House on TV, does anyone watch? Seeing the joy of a second chance at a new life gets me every time!

Hope you all have a good day.
Thank you. I watch the Dog House but I do wish people wouldn't have such high expectations on a first meeting. It's such a shame to turn a dog down just because it doesn't throw its paws around you and lick you to death when it first sees you. :( Must say some of the people I wouldn't home a goldfish with, never mind a dog. ;)

·
Registered
14,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good morning everyone :D

Loving everyone's contributions, I also love hearing what your all up to today.

Today I am buying bird seed in bulk as I seem to be feeding every bird in Lincolnshire :rolleyes: the rest of the day I have to finish a job on these garden doors,

Plant Wood Flowerpot Sky Wood stain
Brown Plant Sky Property Building

Talk about a mind numbing job, I thought I had finished after one coat, but after using a magnifying glass on the oil tin, its states I have to apply two coats of osmo oil :Yawn I will definitely have a bar of chocolate today :D

1 - 20 of 1446 Posts