Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Good morning everyone :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Montys_Mum, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Montys_Mum

Montys_Mum PetForums Member

Hi,

New here!

Found this place when looking for advice on my Basset Hound puppy (6 months old), who started limping after his exercise/walk last night. And I am very grateful for the information here, as it has calmed me down a bit as it sounds likely to be a sprain (I was worried it was a green stick fracture).

He had a great time playing with a lovely 6 yr old German Shepard on Wednesday night, seemed a little stiff in the legs after a nap later in the evening, but after moving around a bit the stiffness seemed to go away. And then we took him out last night for a run (as his legs seemed fine, no stiffness) and the same thing happened, but this time the limp is more pronounced in his front right leg. I have been really worried this morning and I hated leaving him at home, but he is fine with me rubbing his leg and moving it around, there isn't anything caught in his pad. So I guess he has sprained it (which we did think likely, but I do tend to over-worry!). So no walkies tonight for him!
    If still really bad tomorrow, I'll phone vet of course :)

Also slightly worried when I found the teenage problems page! I have noticed in the last couple of weeks Monty has started behaving a little worse than previously, so perhaps this is a sign of things to come. I hope it doesn't last too long! We'd not long gotten over all the stresses of house training, behaviour training etc!

So basically a big hi and thanks to people here, and maybe in time I'll be able to help others :)

Kirsty, and Monty :thumbup:

2. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

3. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

Hiya :D...........

4. HollyM

HollyM PetForums VIP

Glad you found some good info. Hi and welcome!:thumbup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice