Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Good luck vibes for a scared cat

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by MoochH, Sep 2, 2013.

1. MoochH

MoochH Mum to Moochie

My mum's neighbour let her cat, Lily, out for the first time since being rescued on Saturday and she made an immediate run for freedom. I think in her previous home she had access to wide open spaces.

She has been spotted on the local allotments in Barnes, SouthWest London.
    People are taking it in turns camping out, food has been left out and traps are being bought down this evening. I mentioned about leaving her used litter near her home so they have also done that.

It's my mum's turn to keep watch (owner is a school teacher and it's the first day of term, she is so upset but had to go to work) so I'm keeping fingers crossed that Lily will be hungry enough to show her face.

Please Lily, my Mum is lovely and cuddly if you could just peek out from where you are hiding you will see for yourself.

2. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Oh poor cat she must be really scared :( Hope she is caught soon,why do they do this to their slaves :(
    Sending lots of good luck vibes to everyone trying to get this girl home ,hope you are soon posting some good news xx

3. MoochH

MoochH Mum to Moochie

Spotted sun bathing but then ran away when approached - think she will need to be ambushed from 4 sides.
    Has eaten food and treats left in & around the cat carrier.
    Sticking to the allotments which arn't huge so that is good news :)

Owner is going to 'sleep' down there tonight as Lily has been sleeping with owner on her bed. Hope is that she will come cuddle up when its quite.

4. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Fingers and paws crossed :)

5. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

Oh I do hope the rescue bid is successful....and speedy!
    The difficult thing is that even the most 'bonded' cat will often somehow not recognise it's owner when in the great outdoors.

6. MoochH

MoochH Mum to Moochie

Lily is home :D :D :D
    The RSPCA left a trap for the night. They heard it shut but it wasnt Lily in there! The noise had spooked her up a tree. Anyway, 1 cat freed from trap (regular visitor to allotments), and 1 cat happily back in arms of owner.

All can sleep well tonight and the kiddies will have a happy teacher in the morning :Yawn:

7. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Fantastic news I bet that is Lily grounded for life ;)

8. MoochH

MoochH Mum to Moochie

Lily is being lent my spare Mynwood harness. Her owner wants to take her out and about to get to know the area before letting her out again. It was a case of door open and blurr of cat wizzing by - no sniffing or scent marking at all. She wouldn't have had a clue where home was. I don't think Lily will take to the harness but it's worth a try :rolleyes:

My parent's neighbours loved seeing Mooch walking round the flower beds on her harness when we came to visit. Slowly slowly I'll have everyone in London walking their kitties :ihih:

9. Joy84

Joy84 PetForums VIP

Only just read it and happy ending already :D
    Great news :thumbup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice