Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Good leads

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by girlyhouse, Jun 3, 2010.

1. girlyhouse

girlyhouse PetForums Senior

Hi , now my pup is getting bit older and stronger i dont feel confident with her puppy type lead and collar anymore. can anyone recommend a stronger one for a young dog?

2. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

I use a large Ancol control lead from pets at home, its wicked!!

Has a clip at either end and 2 D rings along the lead, so you can have it at different lengths, wear it across you body or walk 2 dogs on it, yesterday I made a halti out of it :thumbup:

only a tenner, and it holds my working husky fine :lol:

3. girlyhouse

girlyhouse PetForums Senior

thank you for that:thumbup:, i just dont feel secure with this flimsy lead .

4. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

Pets at home are stocking a new range of 4Peaks leads and collars,iv bought a couple for my motley crew and am really pleased with them.Theyre not dainty leads or collars,more your outdoorsy type rugged ones,and not badly priced either :)

5. kaisa624

kaisa624 PetForums VIP

I bought a training lead off of ebay, was £6, and has triggers on each end, and then a o-ring in the middle, and 2 d rings also.

6. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

I use a Halti training lead which has a clip on each end a big O ring in the middle and 2 D rings, it cost me £5 from my dog training class. It's a brilliant strong lead you can wear it around your waist for hands free dog walking, make it adjustable lengths, attach a stray dog in an emergency (one on each end).

It's my favourite lead I've ever owned and over the years there there have been MANY.

*Edit: I forgot to say that it's also brilliant for short term tethering I.E. outside shops etc. as you don't have to un-clip it from your dogs collar and it will go around almost anything.

#6 metaldog, Jun 5, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  7. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

I started off like you with the more flimsy type then got an ancol rope one with reflective bits. Much nicer to grasp and much more substancial.

8. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

I've also got Halti training leads for my two.

As metaldog mentioned, it is very adaptable and it's also strong and very soft on the hands all the way down so you can comfortable wrap it around your hand if needed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice