Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Good hopes for the future

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by blossom21, Nov 15, 2012.

1. blossom21

blossom21 PetForums Senior

After Brambles last escapade off lead when it took me and another lady to catch him,he has been back on a long line. This has been about 2/3 weeks now and I am seeing a slow improvement. After trying everything on the market from clickers,dog whistles I have found if I just whistle myself he responds and returns to me.This hasnt been an overnight success I have really worked at it,but tonight at the park he responded each time and the gap between my whistle and his return has really speeded up.I am going to keep at it for a few more months probably before I even consider dropping the line. But this is real progress especially as he returns and actually looks at me for his reward. As I said in a previous post I have got rid of all the dog manuals and let myself go with my instinct. The stealing has improved as well, I have just gone with how I feel I should be doing things and its paying off. He thrives on lots of attention,so each evening we have a set play time with his ball in the garden. So I am seeing progress at last, long may it continue. :)

2. LouLatch

LouLatch PetForums VIP

Well done you!!! Glad you are making progress, i know what its like not being able to let your dog off the lead. Hope he continues to do well! :)

3. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Well done, hope it carries on improving :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice