UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just been onto Facebook for a little nosy about :lol: anyway I came across someone who I know who's husband has gone to the rescue and got a gsd x collie 6 month old puppy and its not houstrained, anyway shes posted on facebook that how can she stop it from "p*ssin and s*ttin" all round the house and people are telling her to make it live outside!! Someone already told her to reward the pup with praise and a treat when she goes outside but she said "its not workin"

"She cross wit collie n german shepard we fink anyway she al black, ad her outside 4 20mins coz she piss on floor jst brought her bk in n she jst ****! She knows its wrong coz she runs when I c it aarrhh"

Ive told her everything u could possibly need to know about it now :)

:scared: but it makes you wonder how they got a rescue dog, i thought it was a process which was alot stricter? They had a pup a few months back and took it a rescue..

·
Registered
1 Posts
What is the problem with this? I think it’s good when the proles get dogs; whenever I’m out with my dog and you see this sort of person and their dog behaving badly I feel a smug sense of satisfaction knowing that ‘we are significantly better than youse!’

I bet they love it loads and probably won't beat it too often.

As for the suggestion that it’s the dog ‘s*ttin’ in the house my moneys' on that being the husband, not the dog!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
What is the problem with this? I think it’s good when the proles get dogs; whenever I’m out with my dog and you see this sort of person and their dog behaving badly I feel a smug sense of satisfaction knowing that ‘we are significantly better than youse!’

I bet they love it loads and probably won't beat it too often.

As for the suggestion that it’s the dog ‘s*ttin’ in the house my moneys' on that being the husband, not the dog!
LOL I heard the Harry Enfield voice then! :biggrin:

And yeah - riff raff and their badly behaved, smelly beasts ARE good for boosting ones ego.

The irony is, they probably WILL love it loads. They probably share their microwave dinners with it and feed it all sorts of other rubbish human food. They probably refer to it as "our baaaaaybaaaaaaay" and save their *** money to buy it sparkly studded collars. That's the trouble with the ignorant - they assume it's a person in a dog suit and are then surprised when it fails to understand what they mean by "No, bad doggy, don't poo on the rug!!"

Typical wail from such people "Ooo look, 'e's got 'is tail between 'is legs! 'E knows wot 'e's done!" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Omg what plonkers, the dogs a rescue needs to be rehabilitated, it doesn't klnow right from wrong its looking for her n him to show her by prasing her when shes done well, and as forhaving a puppy then taking it to a rescue to me that shows the kinda people they are.

·
Registered
672 Posts
LOL I heard the Harry Enfield voice then! :biggrin:

And yeah - riff raff and their badly behaved, smelly beasts ARE good for boosting ones ego.

The irony is, they probably WILL love it loads. They probably share their microwave dinners with it and feed it all sorts of other rubbish human food. They probably refer to it as "our baaaaaybaaaaaaay" and save their *** money to buy it sparkly studded collars. That's the trouble with the ignorant - they assume it's a person in a dog suit and are then surprised when it fails to understand what they mean by "No, bad doggy, don't poo on the rug!!"

Typical wail from such people "Ooo look, 'e's got 'is tail between 'is legs! 'E knows wot 'e's done!" :rolleyes:
I do believe these people have taken on a Brummy accent???:D:lol:

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Omg what plonkers, the dogs a rescue needs to be rehabilitated, it doesn't klnow right from wrong its looking for her n him to show her by prasing her when shes done well, and as forhaving a puppy then taking it to a rescue to me that shows the kinda people they are.
We all know that, shame no-one explained it all to these dimwits!! The rescue are as much at fault as the new owners really for not pre-warning of the hard work involved with rehabilitating a dog such as this! Poor dog at the end of the day is the only one who is going to suffer!! :( :mad:

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I met a moron at the vets yesterday...

she'd just bought a SBT pup...she was taking it for vaccinations which was good, but she took one look at our wolfhound and asked what make it was - I told her it was a Volvo :D She then asked how much they cost - I didn't tell her. She said she'd been looking for a Great Dane but couldn't find any for sale in the paper.

I mentioned my R&W setters, she said she'd never heard of them - fair enough they are fairly rare - so I explained they will similar to Irish (red) setters - she'd never heard of them either. :eek:

The conversation deterioted from there - she basically knew nothing about dogs, what to feed, training, health etc

·
Shan
4,686 Posts
If the shelter witnessed how these idiots addressed the peeing and pooping they would of considered finding it another family, where the dog will be 'rehabilitated' not going further backwards!:(

·
Registered
255 Posts

she'd just bought a SBT pup...she was taking it for vaccinations which was good, but she took one look at our wolfhound and asked what make it was - I told her it was a Volvo :D She then asked how much they cost - I didn't tell her. She said she'd been looking for a Great Dane but couldn't find any for sale in the paper.

I mentioned my R&W setters, she said she'd never heard of them - fair enough they are fairly rare - so I explained they will similar to Irish (red) setters - she'd never heard of them either. :eek:

The conversation deterioted from there - she basically knew nothing about dogs, what to feed, training, health etc
I am PMSL - volvo :D

·
Shan
4,686 Posts

Totally oblivious:eek:

What did this women look like? Young? Bleach blonde? You can tell alot about someone by the way the look and present themselves.

·
Registered
18,075 Posts

To be honest, i find this attitude and lack of knowledge very common in dog owners.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Totally oblivious:eek:

What did this women look like? Young? Bleach blonde? You can tell alot about someone by the way the look and present themselves.
OMG were you there? That is exactly what she looked like.

·
Shan
4,686 Posts
OMG were you there? That is exactly what she looked like.
:lol: As soon as you described her as a 'moron' and asking what 'designer' dog you had, this image popped into my head of a wannabe wag:rolleyes:

If I was there I would have cried at how freaking thick she was!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I saw a lady over the park yesterday with a Staffie and she was playing tuggie with it, throwing its toy, asking for a "sit", throwing the toy and then running and hiding behind a tree.... it was SO nice to see. That's the first time in two years that I've ever seen someone actually playing with/training their dog.

Normally I'm surrounded by people who let their dogs run up to us willy nilly and won't recall.

The ultimate was when a bloody JRT came bounding over (from MILES away) when we were practising sendaway and widdled up my bag of markers!! While its walked on in the distance, totally oblivious :mad:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.