Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Good evening

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by springerpete, Aug 23, 2013.

1. springerpete

springerpete PetForums VIP

Finally managed to get my idiot computer sorted out, to a degree at least. I can now gain access to the forum again.
    Well what to say?? Autumn is just around the corner now, blackberries are in abundance as was evidenced by my juice stained hands on yesterdays walk and Skyes' equally stained coat. ( How that dog manages to get berry juice over himself in such quantity is a mystery to me,)The leaves are beginning to turn and I guess the swallows are gearing themselves up for their long migratory flight to warmer climes.
    Flytes' had a couple of days out picking up on ' The Posh Shoot', much to the little 'uns disgust,he hates missing out and being left behind, but he's not the sort of fellow to sit patiently behind the guns, (he's so much a 'beating' dog), not given to patience I'm afraid), and we've had pheasant for dinner. Not much changes in my world, I'm so ruled by the seasons and the changes they bring, and you know what, I wouldn't have it any other way.
    So, the purpose of this post is really to explain my absence, and to say that it's nice to be back in touch.

2. Phoolf

Phoolf PetForums VIP

Lovely to have you back Pete, your poetic language always brightens up my day when I get a chance to read it, a true pleasure. :)

3. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Nice to see you back :D.

I can imagine that Skye doesn't have the patience to sit there too!!

Autumn.....I have seen my first Fly Agarics out over the past few days and the sloe berries are appearing.

4. springerpete

Cheers Phoolf.

5. cinnamontoast

cinnamontoast Sois pas chiant, chéri.

I think Zak would be a beater due to the impression of a rusty bike he does whilst retrieving!

The horse has been picking his own blackberries, a favourite treat but rather than delicately pick off the ripe ones, he just yanks the whole bunch off, green or purple!

6. springerpete

He doesn't George, ten minutes and he starts to fidget... Then comes that irritating, just on the edge of hearing, whinge. Sloes.. Time to get a few bottles of gin in ready..
    How's Kilo these days, been thinking about him???

7. springerpete

my old span Bracken. used to pick his own, he learned very quickly to spit the red ones out.

8. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Rudi has one of those, drives me crackers sometimes :rolleyes:.

Kilo is physically healed but mentally totally unravelled still. Small steps and all that. We are just spending a lot of time in the forest where all is "safe"!

I feel really angry and jealous seeing the dog that did it still walking about offlead with the owners not having a care in the world. But that sort of thinking is futile, so I keep a lid on it as best as I can!!!

9. springerpete

It must be difficult, but as you say getting wound up doesn't help you or Kilo. Best keep your cool.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice