Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

good cat food

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by staceydawlz, Jul 21, 2009.

1. staceydawlz

staceydawlz PetForums VIP

what food do you feed your cats on...my kitten doesnt seem to be growing...any advice on good foods for her also to help her put on some weight??

2. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

If your kitten is small and underweight, take her to the vet they will see if there is an underlying reason for this. It could be teething that hurts a lot or something completely different.

But in relation to your question.....i personally think the best cat foods out there: Dry: James Wellbeloved, nature diet, Applaws (complete), Joe&Jills, and Burns. They are very natural with no additives, real meat and no bulking ingredients like cereals, which cats don't need!! (A little fibre can be good for the bowels though) They are 100% carnivores.

Wet: I would say Hilife 70% meat, Applaws (which isn't a complete food but complentary) Burns, Nature diet.

My 4 cats are fed on dry. This is my own opinion. Good luck its a jungle out there for commercial pet foods!
    xx

3. purrlover

purrlover PetForums Senior

i know what you mean about looking for good quailty cat food .. its so hard fnding one that my pocket likes and that my cat will eat!:rolleyes:

4. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

It is really hard!!! Trial and error. But it does cost a lot of money!!! x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice