Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Good and bad news for me

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Jul 16, 2009.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Dave's crate is knackered :(
    We bought it about a year ago for Dixie, it was a cheap one of ebay as she isn't a strong dog.
    Apart from Dixie it has had the pup's mum in it, who bent some bars, and a sister of her from the next litter, who also bent some bars.
    Now the end with the 'up and over' door is bent and completely buggered, if Dave leans on it he can pop the top out and gets his head stuck!

Oh got payed today so I looked on ebay lastnight and managed to find a crate the same size (48") but more solid, like the one we bought Dave when he got too big for the puppy crate, and its was £37 with free delivery, And, it will be here tomorrow even though I only paid for it today! :D

Thank god because Dave has been sleeping in Dixie's crate, he can't stretch out, and Dixie has been in our bed and it gets far too hot!

2. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Sounds like you found a real bargin. Fingers crossed it's stonger than the last one.

3. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

It better be or I'm sending it back! Lol :D

I have to wait in all day now, because I do not want to carry that round from the post office! (Even though its only 30 seconds away). We have the medium crate in that style and it weighs a ton!

x

4. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Best to wait in then - you'll have to wait for a walk tonight.
    The crate we have for the car is really heavy I wouldn't fancy carrying that ubnless I had to.

5. shirleystarr

shirleystarr PetForums VIP

Got mine from e bay 5 years ago and its still going strong pays in the long run to get a more solid one I think pain in the butt though if you have to wait in all day hopefully it will come some time in the morning

6. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

It came at 9.20 :) So I have managed to get the dogs out (and got soaked!).
    The crate is great. Its not quite as sturdy as the medium one we have, but it is Much better than the one he is in! Lol

Thsi morning Dave ripped his bed cover, because he dropped his bit of 'paddy whack' out of his crate and must have been digging frantically to get it back, so now I need to make a new cover for the bed! Luckily it has a waterproof cover under the cover and that is pretty much tear proof.
    Argh and I have just noticed that while I was hoovering where his old crate was, he chewed up the frisbee that Dixie stole out of the drawer!

x

7. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

aww that happened to bailey this morning. i jumped down the shops leaving him in his crate with a chew, and when i came back and let him out, he wouldnt leave the crate. i noticed him just staring at the bottom of the cage, his chew had slipped down the side under the tray!! bless him!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice