UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have no storage for raw now seeing as the spare freezer is gone :(

Has anybody got any suggestions for a good affordable complete?
I was thinking either Simpsons premium sensitive or Arden Grange

I was going to go for Orijen but at £62 a sack I simply cannot afford it , as I have to pay for the dog food myself its just not realistic :(

·
Registered
12,925 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I will get samples of a few high quality complete foods and see which one my puppy prefers
On the list so far I have
fish4dogs (samples are here) and just requested one from applaws

·
Registered
12,925 Posts
Thanks I`ve read that and Beta
fish4dogs was my fave cry but now i understand some recipes have changed im not so sure,
My crested Percy done fantastic on Acana

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
YOU are buying the food?

Well that is just mean of your folks!!! Either that or you are one lucky teen withbags ofpocket money :p
Haha they are paying for the pet insurance so I can`t really complain ;)
I have a small job and earn about £20-30 a week I buy things for all my animals though, so I can afford a bag of decent dog food

·
Registered
837 Posts
I have not long been feeding Natural Instinct to Cleo who at the moment can only have chicken and fish - she is having the working dog chicken from Natural Instinct most days and fish Naturediet wet a couple of days. We are now buying from our local training school as we are loosing our big freezer we only have space for 4-5 tubs in ours to leave us room. They are £2.55 each or £1.79 if you order 80+ (wish I knew someone local to chip in for a few!) it's a good food for Cleo and suits her well. Molly is on Arden Grange as we get discount for being a working dog (15 kg at around £32) however, we are looking to change her onto Millie's Wolfheart and replacing Cleos fish meals with Millie's salmon dry as its a good food being grain/cereal free with salmon as their only protein source (not like other companies using plant protein) and has veg, fruit and herbs in :D

·
Premium Member
33,893 Posts
Dillon's on Arden Grange, I think it's reasonable priced

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
I pay (or rather his owner does) £23 for a sack of Salmon and Potato Skinners. She had him on wagg but since I said all she has to do is pay for food whilst I have him whilst she gets sorted I persuaded her to upgrade his food a little more. :p

·
Registered
278 Posts
Eden is great, its uk based and the same high quality as Orijen but cheaper. I've got a sample bag i've been using for when we travel & can't take the raw with us and it works out great and Louie loves it

Eden Holistic Pet Foods

Pets at home also do Fishmongers which is similar to F4D and £29.99 for 10kg
Fishmongers Adult Dog Food with Salmon and Potato 10kg by Pets at Home | Pets at Home

James Wellbeloved & Wainwrights also do cereal free kibble
James Wellbeloved Adult Complete Dog Food with Turkey and Vegetable 1.5kg and 10kg | Pets at Home
Wainwright's Cereal Free Adult Complete Dog Food with Turkey and Vegetables 10kg | Pets at Home

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.