Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Goldfish - on his side, barely moving - please help

Discussion in 'Fish Keeping Chat' started by Omega, Jan 29, 2009.

1. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

lol i know! thats what Alan Davies said..:eek:

2. KarenHSmith

KarenHSmith PetForums VIP

Mine were doing this - and I got told, it was because they didn't have enough oxygen. If your (like mine) are in a big glass bowl and proberly got a lid which is suppose to be on top, make sure you don't use it - It does stop the air going into them .

3. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

Swimbladder problems are usually caused by taking in too much air into the swimbladder (especially if you feed a lot of floating foods), rather than a lack of oxygen. Small volumes of water change more rapidly in terms of chemistry, which can cause a great deal of stress to fish. The result is often mild internal-bacteria infections, which often affects the swimbladder. :D

4. Omega

Omega PetForums Newbie

I must say, I have a daughter aged 3 and a son aged 2 and when I saw Omega was on his side and not moving I rushed upstairs to talk to my husband (who works from home). We both agreed that we should explain what had happened to my daughter. She was a little upset but thank goodness I put him in another bowl while we thought about what to do with him. It was at this point that he started to show signs of life which was then difficult to explain to my daughter. She told her Grandma that 'Omega is a little bit dead'. Following his treatments and the blood worm he is doing very nicely - in fact he is swimming faster than ever - I think he is frightened to stop moving in case I call time on him. On a serious note - I am so grateful to everyone on here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice