Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Goldfish on bottom of tank

Discussion in 'Coldwater Aquarium Advice' started by Esmi73, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Esmi73

Esmi73 PetForums Newbie

Hi I have a beautiful goldfish who for the last month has been sitting on the bottom of his tank. I have tried all the water changing advice 25% clean and full clean. I put something in the water to make it safe etc but he still sits on the bottom looking very sad. I also noticed hes not eaten for weeks as I am scooping out old food and that his mouth seems fixed closed. Ive tried starving for a couple of days and also tried peas. I dont know how he is still alive is there anything else I can do. I does have a burst of energy abut 2-3 times a day where he zooms around the tank but he looks very sad.

2. magpie

magpie PetForums VIP

Hi, sorry about your fish :( If you could answer a couple of questions it would help pin down the problem.

What size is the tank & are there any other fish in there?
    How long has the tank been set up & did you do a full fishless cycle before adding fish?
    Do you have a test kit (preferably a liquid one rather than the strips), and if so can you tell us the results?
    Any other symptoms?
    Do you have gravel in the tank that could potentially fit in his mouth? Sometimes goldfish can get gravel stuck in their mouths which obviously then prevents them from eating.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice