Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Golden Eagle Comes Home

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Valanita, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Valanita

Valanita PetForums VIP

I was looking at the Escot Devon web site about their Red Squirrel breeding programme & came across this video, it made tears come to my eyes. What an amazing bird.

Golden Eagle Comes Home - YouTube

2. Sussexplumber

Sussexplumber Banned

Pretty awesome what a bird! Where did he actually turn up? He was lost in Gloucs wasnt he?

A BOP Centre near me lost a Bateleur a few years back, it never was seen again and probably starved. :( Im just wondering, did that eagle not have a transmitter on?

3. hawksport

hawksport Banned

It didn't have a transmitter, a lot of eagles and vultures will just pull them off

4. Valanita

Valanita PetForums VIP

Samson turned up at the Escot centre, just as his owner/trainer was doing a show. He had been lost for a week from a Gloucester display. How he knew to make his way back to Escot is probably a mystery, but he obviously feels affection for his handler & knew where he'd be fed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice