Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Goldador Breeders

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by Maddie M, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Maddie M

Maddie M PetForums Newbie

Hello everyone!

We are looking for goldador puppies, has anyone got any or can point us in the right direction to find a breeder?

Many thanks,
    Maddie

2. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

Your local shelter should have plenty of mutts, erm mixed breeds, to choose from.

Bugsys grandma and Lurcherlad like this.
  3. bunnygeek

bunnygeek PetForums Senior

Is there a particular reason you want that cross? It's a puppy farm-invented crossbreed or you'd have to find a failed service dog.

Is there a reason a yellow Labrador or a Golden Retriever purebred wouldn't suit instead? They would be better as you're far more likely to find a breeder whose registered and responsible with all the necessary health tests for the parents.

There's also the rescue route as well. Tons of Lab mixes in rescue.

4. Northpup

Northpup PetForums Senior

Not likely to find a responsible breeder of that cross who has hip scored and health tested the dogs - vital both sire and dam have these and proof of it.
    If you go to a breed specific rescue such as for labs or goldens there are very likely going to be mixes of the 2 breeds. This may narrow it down from just a general rescue.
    Many dogs often coming in after Christmas time- unwanted presents.
    Please don’t go to someone purposely breeding these crosses, you’d be helping a backyard breeder or puppy farmer and could end up with a preventably unhealthy dog and money in the pockets of the unethical breeders. Good luck on your search at a rescue or if unsuccessful you could look at the many responsible breeders of labs and goldens- champdogs website has good breeders of both listed. :)

5. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

Both Labradors and goldens suffer from hip and elbow dysplasia and various eye problems and someone breeding this cross is highly unlikely to have had both parents of puppies health tested and examined for those health issues. The only people I know who are breeding this cross are the guide dogs association, if you’re lucky you may be able to find a failed guide dog, but I believe the queue for one of these is very long

Why do you want this particular cross?

6. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

Goldador? o_O

Well at least it's not some hugely disparate cross with competing drives confusing the crap out of the poor dog....

God I bet the puppies are total thugs though!

7. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

I sponsor a guide dog pup who is a golden/lab cross. It’s interesting how the coat turns out in this cross as the ones I’ve seen are nearly all short haired and more like a labs coat, perhaps a bit longer, sort of in a chunky ruffled way. I think the gene for long hair is recessive. My sponsor dog though has a long coat and looks so much like a golden I would have been very hard pushed to think her as anything else.
    I think she has been a lively character, I get regular updates on her progress and reading between the lines of her puppy walker update I think she has had plenty of fun.
    Here’s a photo I was sent recently, she’s about 18 months now. The most noticeable thing to me is that she hasn’t got the goldens domed head

327BA795-B0D0-4980-A2A4-DEC33AB9EAD9.jpeg

SusieRainbow and O2.0 like this.
  8. niamh123

niamh123 PetForums VIP

She is gorgeous:)

9. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

Oh wow that does look odd looking at a "Goldie" face with a flat head! :) Lovely girl though, lovely expression.
    Well-bred goldens and well-bred labs are so underrated in this age of everyone wanting something 'new' and 'different.' But man, a good old lab or goldie really are great dogs. No surprise they're as popular as they are.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice