Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Going to the vets !!! http://www.petforums.co.uk/images/smilies/redface.gif

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Broxi_jim, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Broxi_jim

Broxi_jim PetForums Senior

Just over a week ago Zara's eye started to get the usual sticky film over it.

We were given extra eye drops from the vet to use, as this happened every couple of months.

What we noticed was that she was licking her nose quite a bit now and then, and her nose is a lighter colour with quite a bit of pink showing on it now ! Rather than black !!

Our own vet thinks she might have entropian, and suggestted NOT to operate in march when she was last there. But put on her records that the op might need done in future.

The reason for not doing the op there and then was that their wasn't any ulcers on her eye, and the eye drops did clear the problem. And due to her past health problems..i.e...constant urine ifections, an elongated flap at the back of her throat. He didn't want to put her at risk !

So now I feel that to stop this from happening that the op will need to be done. The hair round about her eyes has started to thin, and it looks dry !! So rather than have this happen to her every 2-4 months I feel that the op will help stop this.

So hopefully one way or another we find out what the problem is. The only down-side, is that its not our own vets were are going to. As he's sold his practise and moved down south. :(:(

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Poor girl.

I think this is quite a common op now. Fingers crossed it will help sort her problems out and stop any future irritation. I imagine it would be very uncomfortable.

3. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

I can see how you are thinking if the op was going to put her at risk earlier this year then she is at risk now as well. Its the old dillemma isnt it? Hope everything goes ok only you can make the decision good luck.

4. Broxi_jim

Broxi_jim PetForums Senior

Back from the vets. And the op isn't needed :)

The vet was pleased with her as its been 5months since she was last there, which is superb,

The vet said it was a strepnacocal (spelling) bacterial infection.
    Whislt waiting, I noticed a sticky patch at her neck just behind her ears ! It looked like a bite !

It was a lump about the size of a gobstopper !! The vet gave her a good examination, and put her on a months corse of anti-biotics !!

So she's on

Trim 80 - 3 times a day
    maxitrol eye drops to be used on both eyes 1 drop in each
    Fuciderm gel to be applied to her nose once a day
    And we've to wash the area with the bite mark twice a week with Chlorhexldine.

So thankfully the op wasn't needed !!!

Cheers for the replies.

5. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I bet you're relieved.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice