Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Going to the day surgery tomorrow...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by shezzy, Aug 17, 2009.

1. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

And im scared !!! :(:( (sorry i duno if this is in the right section haha wasnt sure whether to put it here or in the health section)

When i was 4 i hung around at my auties rose bed because i loved (and still love) the roses. And then i got this thorn stuck in my arm. (well i cant rmember but my mums always told me it was a thorn) And the doctor couldnt get it out so its been in my arm ever since. But Ive decided its time to suck it up and get it taken out.
    So tomorrow its getting removed via local anesthetic (sp?) and im terrified !!
    U can see it and feel it and move it on my arm, i freak everyone out with it haha. But when someone touches it i freak out ! What im i gonna be like tomorrow when they stick a needle in it and then cut it open.
    Omg. oh my god. Im freaking out just thinking about it.
    Anyone else had anything like that removed? Am i over reacting? lol
    :(

2. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

Hi, not had anything like that done, but did have surgery last year under GA, and was fine, thinking of you and i am sure it will all go well and you will be fine. Take care.

3. sammyben

sammyben Guest

Aww, I'm sure you will be fine hunni. Not had anything removed before but I do go in next Wed to get my gallbladder removed and I'm really not looking forward to it :(

Let us know how you get on tomorrow x

4. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

That doesnt sound nice, i am sure you will feel alot better when its been removed, hope everything goes well xxx

5. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

aww :( Wishing you a speedy recovery when the time comes :D xx

I think its the fact im gonna be awake you know? And its on my arm, somewhere i can easily see. Do you think they will cover it up??? like put a curtain up??? They wouldnt just do it infront of my face would they? :eek:

6. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

I had a mole removed at our doctors under local anaesthetic and never felt a thing after the area was numbed. They inject the site a few times though and it stings a little bit but after that I felt nothing. It turned out not to be a mole but the doctor took it off anyway.

7. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

I'm sure you will be just fine - my sister had her gall bladder removed a few years ago and she recovered quickly and is fine now.:)

8. Ladywiccana

Ladywiccana PetForums VIP

Youll be fine huni once youve got the prick out :eek: :eek:hmy: :001_tt2: :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin:

Seriously tho, you will be looked after really well, they make sure off it!
    When i went for my voicebox biopsy under GA i was totally fine afterwards, so you will be too....................let us know how you get on. :smilewinkgrin:

9. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

:eek: a few times lol. Last time i got something like that done was with my implant... i guess it wont be any different will it... i think im over reacting.
    I hate people touching it. See when the doctors poke it around and stuff its like. Horrible. lol. You think id be used to it after all these years but i dont know why it still really freaks me out haha

10. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

Hahahah. :D
    Thanks lol im starting to feel a bit more at ease lol. but still freaked out about it getting touched haha. Ill let you all know how i get on.

11. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

it'll be like the implant

I had local to remove a mole they thought was cancerous a few yrs ago it was odd i could feel them moving about and the blood flowing but no pain

I would have to watch if it was done somewhere i could see, I'd be the same if i had a c-section i'd have to watch what they were doing or i would freak out lol

12. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

Thats the thing im gonna be so curious !! lol im gonna have to look. Ill let you all know if i spew as well when i watch them cut it open. Hahaha :D (unless they cover it up)

I keep shaking my arm at the thought of it. I duno why haha.

13. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Ask if you can have it back then you can keep it in a jar by your bed.;)

14. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

Theres an idea !! lol
    That would be kewl. Then i can take a pic and gross you all out :D:D lol

15. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Oh no I didn't say that.:eek:

Actually I had a large cyst removed from my ovary and also my ovary too and I wished I could have a look at what they looked like.:p

16. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

:eek: waw. :( That would have been interesting to see though (the ovary)
    Ive always wanted to see like surguries being done. I recon i can stomach it as long as its not a surgury on myself.
    I love human and animal anatomy and i think seeing it all infront of you would be a better learning process than just books, if i get into veterinary nursing i defo want to be part of the surguries, think it would be really interesting.

Defo gonna take a picture and stick it on here haha :p:p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice