Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Going to keep Millie as a house bunny.

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by jaxb05, Mar 23, 2011.

1. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

After this awful experience with Millie having a dental and her being so ill after - I have thought .... what if she is bonded with Pickles and Amos and when she has another dental and would need to stay inside or overnight in the vet as she did this time ... it would mean that she would probably need to be re bonded again. I just can't think of her having to cause all that stress of being bonded again and possibly again.
    I know a lot of people will say that she needs to be with bunnies and might have a difficult time with me deciding to keep her inside on her own. I am going to ring the rescue tomorrow and discuss this possibility with the girl. I just want the best for her and I love her very much.
    I don't know how to bunny-proof the house. She is a digger and chewer - so I can't leave her alone too long. I have a large spare room where she's been staying when I am not in. She has run of the entire room. I will equip it with everything she needs - well it already has everything - but I will get a lot more as if she will be living inside permanently then I want to make her room as special as I can.
    Can anyone advise me at to where I get the items to block wires etc and anything I should buy for the house for her? Many thanks.
    Jacqui

2. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

Anyone? I really could do with some advice x

3. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

I jaxs I think I would do the same in this situation too you will find it much easier to monitor her. Perhaps the rescue centre might have a spare little boy for you :D

You can buy the round spiral cable tidies from amazon etc. I found the worst damage was the back of the sofa where Miffy kept trying to get behind it. I would put some ply wood boards or an old hard back book at each end of the sofa. I'm sure your spare room is much bigger than most rabbits get

4. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

Emzy - I'd love to get a wee friend for Millie - especially another rabbit with health problems that won't be able to be re-homed. I see what I am missing out with Pickles and Amos in the shed. It's such fun to have a house bunny. Thing is, I am stretching myself quite thin as it is with having 3 bunnies. Millie's teeth problems will be covered by the rescue - but I cover the injections and anything else. So - as much as I would love another bunny to keep Millie company - I can't see how I could afford another :(
    I've just put Millie to bed. She really perked up tonight and ate a little. Put her to bed as I have to go clean out the other 2's loo so I can try to get to bed early. I can't leave Millie alone in the living room as she tends to chew my sofa :rolleyes: Her room is quite large - big enough for a double bed and furniture yet still have floor space! When I am home -she is always down here with me. Wee pet!!
    Thanks for the advice.

5. Ozzboz

Ozzboz PetForums Junior

She is a very lucky bunny to have such a good mum! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice