UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help, my little "darling " was sleeping fine from around half nine at night till half 6 sometime 7am in the morning. Over the last few nights he has been a nightmare, wakening at all hours and crying to get out. I have been tough and only let him out for a wee and then straight back to his cage, this morning he cried for about 2 hours. I am shattered and very frustrated as cant see why he would revert back to this carry on. He always gets out last thing out night for a wee and then put in his cage, which he does like. He is 6 months old now.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Having similar problems here with our 6 month old springador. Hubby puts him down between 11pm-12am after taking him up the road for a short walk. He barks for 10-20 mins when put to bed, then often again through the night and is at it at 5-6am again. We are exhausted as we also have two boys aged 4 and 7 who also wake early. I keep hoping if we ignore his behaviour, it will stop. I feel your pain!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ditto !!!

It took some time but at about 4 months old, we finally started to get our Sprocker to sleep in til about 6.30am - until about 2 weeks ago. He's now 6 months old and reverted back to between 5-5.30 every morning!

Doesn't matter what time we go to bed 9 or 12, he's still up at the same time. My OH is threatening to give him away :eek: (he won't but he's not coping as well as I am :rolleyes:)

It makes it so much more difficult to cope with the other puppy "issues" when you're so tired :(

I'm going to try not to feed him as soon as I get up, and stick to a certain time every day for breakfast - however much he creates, hopefully that might help.

Will be keeping an eye on this thread to see if anyone else has some ideas/advice

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Ditto !!!

It took some time but at about 4 months old, we finally started to get our Sprocker to sleep in til about 6.30am - until about 2 weeks ago. He's now 6 months old and reverted back to between 5-5.30 every morning!

Doesn't matter what time we go to bed 9 or 12, he's still up at the same time. My OH is threatening to give him away :eek: (he won't but he's not coping as well as I am :rolleyes:)

It makes it so much more difficult to cope with the other puppy "issues" when you're so tired :(

I'm going to try not to feed him as soon as I get up, and stick to a certain time every day for breakfast - however much he creates, hopefully that might help.

Will be keeping an eye on this thread to see if anyone else has some ideas/advice
Yes me too as any advice is becoming more and more welcome with every disturbed night and early start!!! Me and hubby laugh (when we're not completely knackered!) that the kids are finally sleeping better now we have to pup! Another two years I reckon we'll be sorted!

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Have they been waking up earlier since the clocks went back. My lot tried to tell me it was time to get up at 5am for the first few mornings as they hadnt altered their clocks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a nightmare,it started when the clocks went back and gone from there,we went to bed an hour ago and 15 mins later he started crying.Tonight I have giving him benefit of the doubt as there are fireworks going of.Not helping that other half is snoring in my ear!!!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Have they been waking up earlier since the clocks went back. My lot tried to tell me it was time to get up at 5am for the first few mornings as they hadnt altered their clocks.
No, started before clocks unfortunately :(. We got to 5.45 this morning, so a lay in. Woo hoo :D

He'll get there I spose :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
we had this with zelda at about 6 months she started barking in the night wouldnt give up we took it in turns to take her out to the loo,back in the crate and settled eventually.

I have now solved the problem.. might not work for anyone else but i got her some fleecy doggy pjs, our house is old and we dont have heating at night or downstairs so its cold, since the jammies no more waking up at night.. we are however naughty and when hubby goes to work at 5am her and grizz get in bed with me for a few more hours, same at the wkend she will wake at 5am out of habit, loo break, biccy and into our bed.. we have managed to sleep til 10am once at the wkend!! bliss!

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
Having similar problems here with our 6 month old springador. Hubby puts him down between 11pm-12am after taking him up the road for a short walk. He barks for 10-20 mins when put to bed, then often again through the night and is at it at 5-6am again. We are exhausted as we also have two boys aged 4 and 7 who also wake early. I keep hoping if we ignore his behaviour, it will stop. I feel your pain!
I need to see pictures of your little one!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.