Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

GMR Disorder (BEWARE)( PLEASE READ IF YOU ARE NEW!)

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by u-look-like-a-hamster, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Meena

Meena PetForums Member

I think thats a bit too late for me already :001_huh: I have 14 mice.

2. kodakkuki

kodakkuki PetForums VIP

i need help people! :(
    i think im having a relapse!

3. purplesponge

purplesponge PetForums Newbie

I think i've been hit!! :/ my OH isnt too happy about that :p

4. Micky93

Micky93 PetForums VIP

I've been hit hard. Think I need to be chased down with a big net and syringe :huh:

Registered on here with just the dog and 2 rats..

Now we have the 2 rats, 2 hamsters and 2 guinea pigs as well as Eddie the dog! :eek: :eek:

5. imadrainpipe

imadrainpipe PetForums Newbie

I want this disorder.

6. elliscks

elliscks PetForums Newbie

GMR is real. My daughter found the cutest rescue rat. She showed him to me. We had to make him a part of the family. The top level of his aquarium cage wore out so I bought him a bigger cage. His birthday came around so we went to the pet store to buy him rat treats. There was the cutest feeder mouse. We took her home. Could not bear the thought of her being snake food. The old rat died after a happy spoiled rat life. We went to the pet store for a pair of rat bucks so they would not be alone. My dad found a rodent cage in the garbage. He gave it to me. One day, I was buying rodent supplies. There was the prettiest dumbo eared doe. I did, after all have that empty cage.

7. pinklizzy

pinklizzy PetForums Senior

I think I may have this!! Since June this year, I now have 4 rescue guinea pigs and find myself researching rats, rat cages, rats in rescue etc. :confused: I don't think I'll ever be lucky enough to own any but it's nice to dream.....

8. polishrose

polishrose PetForums VIP

I definitely have this...from starting out with one Syrian and a gerbil, I now have 2 syrians, 2 roborovskis,14 mice, 6 rats and a gerbil(soon to be 3 gerbils)...yeah GMR is real.

9. kodakkuki

kodakkuki PetForums VIP

do you though?! my relapse of GMR has landed me with 3 cages of rats at the moment!

its brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. halfeatenapple

halfeatenapple PetForums Senior

There is a poor neglected hammie that needs re-homing..... <twitch>

11. whitefairy

whitefairy PetForums Junior

I also have GMR disease !
    I starter with 1 hamster... Now I have 3 hamster and 3 gerbils but last year I had 2 hamster litter. :aureola:

After I had in house like 15 hamster I decided to have only 2 (male). I think this for a couple months, then in january I added one more female to my house :D:arf:

12. halfeatenapple

Starting to really want a hammie... someone help me... thankfully I can't just now anyway cos I need to save for when I get a couple more rattie boys as well as an SRS for my current boys... but I'm getting twitchy...

Gosh GMR really does exist doesn't it...

13. fatrat

fatrat PetForums Member

It really does :eek: I've had a huge craving for mice lately (they're so tiny!!), but I also want a couple more female rats.... Aaah, GMR ;)

14. halfeatenapple

I've never had much interest in hamsters before and am not entirely sure how suitable they would be for me... I just love how dog like the rats are, they are so much fun, but you know... cute little faces and I'm sure I could adjust to meet a sweet little hammie's needs :p

15. kodakkuki

kodakkuki PetForums VIP

but y'all know where there are baby rats to induldge your GMR with!!!! :eek:

but i totally know what you mean about the hammies- i'm craving another LH syrian boy like i had growing up; those boys rocked socks! :w00t:

i mean, 10 is my limit for ratties, but i never said anything about a hammie!!!! :001_tongue: :rolleyes::

16. fatrat

fatrat PetForums Member

But your babies are soooo far away :( I'd take them home in an instant if it weren't for the 300ish miles :eek: will you ship with FedEx? :p :p

17. kodakkuki

kodakkuki PetForums VIP

you mean you can't swim!?! lol
    if it stays this hard finding them good homes here i really am thinking of a day trip to the mainland to start a rat-train! :mad: :(

18. fatrat

fatrat PetForums Member

Oooh interesting :D it'd be the biggest rat train I've heard of :) I know a lot of people here (me included !!!) would be happy to take your babies in :D

I'm planning a trip to North Wales soon-ish, if that's any help?

19. halfeatenapple

I'd get in on that action!!! Would travel a little way for some but just couldn't get to NI, and I'm afraid I would be thinking 2... not 15 :p x

20. kodakkuki

kodakkuki PetForums VIP

well, 4 of them are mine and 2-4 are heading to cork- so hand's off those ones!! :mad5: :cornut:
    but really do think i'll have to consider it-there just isn't the same love for ratties in belfast it seems :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice