Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Glass cage question?

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Emmiiee, May 26, 2010.

1. Emmiiee

Emmiiee PetForums Senior

I have a glass cage one made for gerbils with 1 shelf, my gerbil died today, although im not planning on gettin anymore animals just yet, I don't know whether to bin the cage or keep it, I was wondering wot other rodents can u keep in the glass cages? im guessing just gerbils and maybe dwarfs am I correct x

2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Is it the gerbilarium (the tank with the cage above) or just a tank? Im not too keen on tanks for rodents as I like more ventilation.

3. Emmiiee

Emmiiee PetForums Senior

its a tank like...

[​IMG]

but with a shelf x

theres loads of ventilation in the roof cos its mesh, and it has little air holes on the side x

4. myzoo

myzoo PetForums Senior

although they are not as good like the dogsmothe said due to poor ventilation getting around the cage wire cages allow air to blow right through the cage wereas tanks only let in a bit of air through the top if you must reuse it make sure you disinfect it properly with small animal disinfectant mice should be ok in this type of cage if you put plenty of things in for them to climb on and hide in just make sure you leave plenty of airiation it also depends on how big or small the cage is you could use it for other smallies if you adapted it to their needs but you would have to make sure it was big enough for the animal/animals you keep in it

5. Emmiiee

Emmiiee PetForums Senior

Id love mice, but my mum would never do mice lol, might just stick with gerbils in tht vtanks, xx

6. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

My mice live in glass tanks.. but no hi shelves so they v=can get out cause i dont have lids on... Im think im going to put Mimi in one of the tanks...Or I was thinking of doing..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice