Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Give a rescue animal a Christmas Present

Discussion in 'Wildlife Chat' started by NickOfTime, Nov 17, 2012.

1. NickOfTime

NickOfTime PetForums Junior

Nick of Time are organising a special shoe box appeal for the animals currently in rescue, many of whom you will have seen on the forum or facebook page looking for kind new homes.

The idea is simple - you fill a shoe box full of goodies and items suitable for either a cat, dog, rabbit, or other pet of your choice - to help you, we have listed a few suggestions of items that might be suitable.

We have provided you also a list of rescues who are participating - we ask that you do not chose a specific dog or cat, rather just a generic animal, so they all get a box each. When you have your box, please PM a member of staff from the Nick of Time team who will provide you with the address of your chosen rescue group.

We would suggest that you consider sending your box recorded delivery if you can - so many things go missing in the post and it would be a shame for an animal to miss out on their Xmas box!

If you would like a list of participating rescues please email admin@nickoftime.org.uk

2. Quinzell

Quinzell PetForums VIP

This is a fantastic idea! Blankets are a great thing at this time of year - or anything to help with warmth in the cold weather :)

I am actually helping out one of my local rescues and have put a flyer up at work to collect on behalf of others too :)

Many animals will have an extended stay over Christmas so if anyone can help, I would urge them to.

3. NickOfTime

Well done Louise!

I posted it in here because we actually have a hedgehog rescue that would love some little bits and bobs to help those who weren't big enough to hibernate :D

4. NickOfTime

We are so pleased to say that so far we've had 52 boxes pledged to this appeal however, even with this amazing number we have noticed there are a lot of rescues who haven't even had one promised.

If you can take part please email admin@nickoftime.org.uk for a list of participating rescues.
    We also ask that you please share this appeal so we can get to as many people as possible, we even have a poster you can put up if you'd like to.

Thanks all

5. emmaviolet

emmaviolet PetForums VIP

Hi there I am going to share this in dog chat as we were just talking about this very subject in the rescue section today!

Hope it spreads the word!:)

ETA shared it and seen you have posted before, maybe keep them bumped up the pages as sometimes things get lost/overlooked.

#5 emmaviolet, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  6. NickOfTime

Thank you very much

7. NickOfTime

Just wanted to give this a quick bump

8. mollyhank040

mollyhank040 PetForums Newbie

I would love to be a part of this animal welfare act. Is it free of registrations?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice