Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

girl of 6 savaged in dog attack

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sianrees1979, Jan 22, 2012.

1. sianrees1979

sianrees1979 PetForums VIP

2. fluffybunny2001

fluffybunny2001 PetForums VIP

i have left many comments on peoples replies,so sick of peopple saying that these dogs are savage and should be wearing muzzles.
    i do hope the girl makes a quick recovery but the owner is at fault here

3. emmaviolet

emmaviolet PetForums VIP

this is just by where i live and it is awful.

it is happening far too often now, i do know people say it is the owner but it is usually one type of dog that does it.

i know a lot of people will passionately disagree but with some of these dogs that attack it is somewhere in them and sometimes lying dormant.

4. DoggieBag

DoggieBag PetForums VIP

Bet the Daily Mail are already looking through their archives for the photo of the snarling dog they usually use.

5. Kivasmum

Kivasmum PetForums VIP

Im sorry but I don't believe that. Yes there are a lot of instances of these incidents that involve bull breeds, but IMO that is only because bull breeds are idiot owners breed of choice at the moment?? I have no doubt that if all the chav dickheads decided they were all getting Yorkshire terrier to make them look hard, then bull breed incidents would soon be replaced by Yorkshire terrier incidents :rolleyes:

Lulus mum and Kc Mac like this.
  6. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

It doesnt sound like it was a staffie or a pit bull type. It was a bull terrier. Very sad and I hope the owner is caught and the dog is put to sleep. And the owner should be definitely put in prison.

Absolutely disgusting.

7. Clare7435

Clare7435 PetForums VIP

I do hope the poor little girl is ok .
    Another prick on 2 legs that needs putting to sleep!:mad:

8. DoggieBag

DoggieBag PetForums VIP

Not quite just one type.

Of the top of my head, I can name a few types that have resulted in injury or death.

Jack Russell
    Lab
    Staffie
    Pitbull
    Akita
    German Shepherd
    Husky
    Rottie

9. Kivasmum

Kivasmum PetForums VIP

Poor girl, I hope she makes a speedy recovery. And I also hope the stupid idiot owner that thought it was ok to walk away is found and locked up!

10. SEVEN_PETS

SEVEN_PETS PetForums VIP

The article said it was a bull terrier (so in my mind, that means an English Bull Terrier, as I'm sure it would mean to others). But on BBC News, they said it was a pit bull terrier. :confused: Do they not know, so are they just saying pit bull to scare people?

11. emmaviolet

emmaviolet PetForums VIP

yes, i understand the idiots who get them and this happens but there are instances of long standing family dogs suddenly turning and attacking.

there is a difference too as a yorkie could never get that much strength on a child, the parents gave an interview and said both of them couldnt pry the dog off the little girl.

the owner is to blame but the dog is responsible too.

12. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

:eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: *shakes head* can't think of anything to say to be honest...

hope the little one makes a speedy recovery

13. DoggieBag

DoggieBag PetForums VIP

Sorry to keep blurting in :)

For anyone (not aimed at anyone in particular, but more in advance than anything) who is automatically going to assume it was a staffie, or indeed if it does turn out to be a staffie and then we get the anti-staffie brigade.

Go find me two breeds of dog that the KC note their great suitability with children.

Or you could just save time and realise there is only one breed where the KC do make such remarks...................The Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

14. DT

DT Banned

That is not always true! And sure that owners get sick to the back teeth of hearing this said!

When I was a child and someone was bitten by a dog it would always be a 'black lab' type! YET it seldom was!

I think unless people know for sure the breed of the dog they should be more careful in how they describe it!

Just my view!

And for the the information of some small dogs CAN do damage too, my mothers toy poodle (and yep! I know it were a full toy poodle) attacked my elderly mother whislt she sleep and caused a hell of a mess, my mother passing out!

ALL DOGS CAN BITE

That off my chest! hope the little girl makes a full recovery and is not left scared either mentally or physically

BUT Disgusting the owner did a runner!

15. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

lets not assume it's any particular breed.....it could be a bleeding Donkey for all the papers would know

best lock mine away now...just in-case she savages my daughter

#15 paddyjulie, Jan 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  16. BullyMolly

BullyMolly PetForums Senior

All breeds can bite, ive seen a little yorky really go for it! They are very quick and can do a lot of damage in a very small space of time.
    I still stand by it is the owners that are at fault.
    Really hope this little girl gets well soon.

17. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

Poor little girl, what an absolute coward of an owner.
    I know some people will say it's a certain 'type' of dog, but I think there is a high correlation between idiots (as in the sort of people who shouldn't be allowed to have responsibility for a potted plant let alone an animal) being drawn to these dogs, probably not helped by the media. I'm not a bull breed owner myself, but I love all dogs & feel for these breeds & their owners (the majority of who are responsible) who are getting made scapegoats because of some muppets

18. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

((((hugs)))) to you & Mavis, I've yet to meet a nasty bull terrier xx

19. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

Thanks xx

it just really pisses me off big time... ..as i guess it does, most resposible bull breed owners ...

wonder if it had been a different breed ...would there have been as much attention, probably not

20. harrys_mum

harrys_mum PetForums VIP

how on earth did the owner see this attack on the girl and walk away.
    michelle x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice