Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Ginny is home

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by DebsPink, Jul 26, 2009.

1. DebsPink

DebsPink PetForums Member

We collected Ginny our tiny Jack Russell Puppy on Wednesday and I have finally just got around to posting! She is quite a handful! She's sleeping a lot but when she's awake she's into EVERYTHING! We have an awful lot to learn. And I have loads of questions already!

Here's are a few pictures - I swear she's changed in 4 days already!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Debs x

2. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

She is adorable

I have two 9 week old cocker spaniel puppies so i know what u mean by they are into everything lol

Good luck

3. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

Aw shes so small and incocent! :D

4. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

What a sweet face! They sleep in some odd positions don't they?!
    Fire away with any questions you have. I've only had my puppy just over a week but I'm sure we can help each other out!

5. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

She's so tiny and cute. Any questions feel free to ask them there are a lot of new puppies around at the minute.

6. Hb-mini

Hb-mini PetForums VIP

Ahh she is a sweetie! I picked up our mini schnauzer pup on Fri!
    Great isnt it!!! :D:D

7. mindymoo

mindymoo PetForums Member

Awwww how cute!!! I have another 3 weeks till I pick Poppy my Jack russell pup up so its lovely to see the puppy pictures and cant wait to hear about all the naughtiness :D

8. DebsPink

DebsPink PetForums Member

There do seem to be a lot of new puppies at the moment! Thanks for all your lovely comments!

I've posted about crate/toilet training in the behaviour forum, but I have another question. I thought it would be useful to get her used to her collar/lead, especially when going out in the night for a wee, as I can't see her! I got a tiny pink puppy one, however she absolutley hates it and constantly scratches at it. It's so bad in only a couple of days that she tries to walk and scratch at the same time and ends up looking like a crab walking and I'm worried it's already become a habit. But if I take the collar off, she runs away SO fast and I have to constantly chase her around the garden! She won't stay put in the "designated wee area". We only have a small garden and I would let her run around, but I've read that so many plants are dangerous to them, that I'm scared she'll eat something she shouldn't.

Should I leave it off, or persevere, or get a different one maybe? Or not let her out in the garden (then how will I toilet train???)

Debs x

9. mindymoo

mindymoo PetForums Member

The mady at the pet food shop told me that they will absolutley hate the collar at first but its the same with anything I think they will get used to it in time, give it time I reckon xx

More pics please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. mr.stitches

mr.stitches PetForums VIP

Gorgeous colours and marking...why is everyone getting pups at the moment!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice