Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Gibraltar is BRITISH!!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cheekyscrip, Apr 5, 2011.

1. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

Some idiot from "The Telegraph" dared to say that it should be Spanish -because looks like it! a sa part of Iberian Pennisular (it was triggered by some tiff between Spanish prince and Prince Charles...)...

When what about Tangier and Ceuta in North Africa..why Spain will not give it back to Morrocco? And what about Portugal?

So Gibraltar was Spanish..for about 300 hundred years then given to Brits in exchange for military help...and before that was Moorish and..we can go down to Neandertals who had it first..

What really matters is PEOPLE WHO LIVE HERE...who will start changing frontiers to state from 300 hundred years back? GIBRALTAR is Britsih..my husband's family descends from veterans of Crimean Wars..and soldiers who fought in First and II WW...my children see Britain a sa mother country, they are Gibraltarian and British

Our waters are deliberately poisoned by untreated sewage from neighbouring La Linea...it is nature reserve.waterbirds, dolphins breed here!
    They make frontier queues for hours to impede the tourist access to Gibraltar..they even attempted to put tolls on the direct road to the frontier, with high tax for lorries delivering goods..Franco closed the frontier, then it was open in 1973 but his spirit is still much alive...

The biggest route of birds migration and the only monkeys living in the wild in Europe...

We feel sold and humiliated if any idiot says what to do with us..
    In referendum from 1967 and 2002 99.9 of population voted to stay British...(and few others need to go to Specsavers)...

Our men serve in Afganistan and everywhere they are needed...Most loyal service ..since Nelson and before...
    Our very sense of identity will be destroyed if Gibralar was given to Spain..or any other country...

It is not about money...it is about our..and YOURS heritage...

Is that clear? I am , so, so mad...we need support of British people...you must be like a rock...the Rock of Gibraltar...

do you know that British lady won Miss World 2009?..it was our Kayane Aldorino...Gibraltar...

#1 cheekyscrip, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
    metame likes this.
  2. critter

critter PetForums VIP

Hi CS, I've never doubted for one minute that you are British! (pity you're not Welsh lol). wayne.

3. skyblue

skyblue PetForums VIP

i spent a day in gibraltar and loved it,long may it stay as it is

4. MissShelley

MissShelley PetForums VIP

Can't all be perfect :p :D

I cariad cymru :D

5. cheekyscrip

6. cheekyscrip

:cursing::cursing::mad5::mad5::mad5::mad2::incazzato::incazzato::devil::devil:

still annoyed!...how we deserved so many insults!!!! I want to Join BNP NOW...

and if borderer is around I wanna a gun...big un!!!

7. critter

critter PetForums VIP

8. tashi

tashi PetForums VIP

I love Gibraltar, spent two lovely weeks there on the rock, I went there single and came home in a relationship with my now husband. We dream of going back and visiting the 'Rock' again, want to spend a night in the hotel that is almost at the bottom of the cable car for old times sake :001_smile:

Cheekyscrip one day this welshie is coming to visit you :lol: :eek:

9. cheekyscrip

:) you both will be most welcome!!!!

just pm me before...and would be delighted to greet you on behalf of llanitos and the barbary apes:001_smile:

and sadly - it is OH who has Welsh roots..so he and my kids are part Celts...(and it shows!)..I am from totally different barrell...so I am part Celt by marriage :;)

#9 cheekyscrip, Apr 6, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  10. tashi

tashi PetForums VIP

Got some lovely photos of those cheeky chappies, used to walk up the Mediterranean steps every night after we had been stood down, will have to look out the photos WRAC were up in the Barracks on top of the Rock, the lads were in Gibralter Barracks down near the Town ;)

11. cheekyscrip

well 116 viewers and few responses probably just reflect what the mainland Britain genereally feels about it..us, apes, dolphins at al (unless it is the OP..
    politicians know it too..

we here feel so dispensable now..after 300 years of loyal service to the Crown...time to pst...
    as if it made any difference to Spain...one rock!..and 4000 Spaniards legally employed here...and more not so...

sad isn't it?

Attached Files:

• 057.jpg
      057.jpg
      File size:
      72 KB
      Views:
    • 095.jpg
      095.jpg
      File size:
      93.2 KB
      Views:
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice