Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Getting through to Dixie

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by PoisonGirl, Aug 13, 2009.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Before we moved, she had a real problem barking at 'strange stuff' and especially odd noises, or people.
    She is much better now, but she will still bark at things when she is in the garden, or if someone walks past the window and she sees them.
    She does not bark at our neighbours in there gardens anymore, but will bark at people walking past the alleyway etc, or if she gets a fright.

Every time she barks I say 'Dixie, quiet!' and if she does not stop she gets sent to her bed.

She just got a fright and barked at something, but before I could tell her off, she ran into her bed, sat down and composed herself, then went back out again :D Lol I thought it was an ongoing battle, I didn't really think we were getting anywhere, I was getting used to the fact she will always be slightly nervy. But she has just proved me wrong :D

x

2. Louby

Louby PetForums Junior

yay!!!! go dixie!!!!

whose a clever girl?!?!?!?1 snuggly wuggly woo'sss

ok thats the best i can do for online praise ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice