Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Getting Sticky off Glass????

Discussion in 'Fish Keeping Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Jul 17, 2009.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

The guy I got the fish tank off had put silver tape along the top of the tank because he said he didn't like the black strip.
    I have taken it off because I think silver will look stupid against my black hood when it comes.

The tape came off the black strip ok, but he had also put tape along the top of the tank, under the black strip! And when i took it off all the sticky stuff came off the tape :(

What can I used to get it off?

And while I'm on the subject, what can I use to get all the white residue off the lid sliders?

x

2. Amy-manycats

Amy-manycats PetForums Senior

Is the tank full yet?

If not try something like vinegar or lemon juice. I guess the white stuff is limescale. If so the lemon juice/ vinegar will work but it involves a bit of a soak/scrub

#2 Amy-manycats, Jul 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  3. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Nope, I haven't even bought the stand yet, its got a long way before the water :D

Don't have either so will get some tomorrow and try. Thanks :)

x

4. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

The white residue is caused by mineral deposits on the glass, this line is also known as the 'tide-mark'. A weak acid such as vinegar and some elbow-grease will remove this.

As for the sticky residue from the tape, you could try a product known as Sticky-stuff remover, which is available from good DIY stores. This will remove virtually anything including paint off carpet.

5. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Have got some vinegar, now need to look out my gloves as I can't stand the smell of the stuff. Lol

x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice