Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Getting started at sowing dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Shows and Events' started by Rhi and Cai, May 11, 2010.

1. Rhi and Cai

Rhi and Cai PetForums Junior

Hello =)

I December I bought my first dog, a pug, and I would like to show him. How would I go about training him for showing, and what will I need to do? And what age should I start taking him to shows? =)

Sorry if this is the wrong forum >.<

Rhi

*that was meant to be *showing* dogs xD

2. leoti

leoti PetForums VIP

hi and welcome is your wee pug registered with the Kennel Club ? If so then you can show him at shows run by the KC , to start showing they have to be six months old and usually have attened ringcraft classes , this would be tyhe first place to start find a local ringcraft go along they will help you

3. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

He has to be 6 moths old to to be entered into shows.

Try to find out if there are any ring craft classes in your area and take him along.

You need a show lead for him but there are many different types and which one you need will depend on the breed of your dog.

4. Rhi and Cai

Thank you both for your answers =)

He's seven months old (yesterday, as it happens) and is registered with the kennel club. I'll have a look for some ringcraft classes ^^

5. hawksport

hawksport Banned

With summer coming up there will be lots of companion shows, these are good for practising at around £1 a go

6. Rhi and Cai

Ohh, thank you for the tip hawksport. I'm sure I saw a companion show about 20 minutes from here I live. Wasn't even thinking about having a dog then though! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice