Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Getting somewhere-finally

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by kat&molly, Apr 2, 2011.

1. kat&molly

kat&molly PetForums VIP

Our JRT came to us aged 2, she was never a typical Jack really and had lots of issues.
    When she was 4 she hurt herself-the vet said it was her knee, some painkillers and it cleared up, weight piled on whilst she was on rest but it didn't bother her again. Everything really just got worse though, she was 'lazy' and grumpy, I had to keep her on a strict diet and force exercise. She hasn't really been a joy to share a house with. Just after last christmas her 'knee' started again so she had x-rays it turned out to be HD-quite severe in her right hip[different vet], shes on Metacam for the next 2 months, I dont know what the vet will say after that.
    But the difference in her in just 2 weeks is amazing, shes still not 'normal' but for Jay its brilliant, shes playing a bit, is back up to an hours exercise a day-willingly and so far a tiny bit of that weight has come off:D
    How bad do I feel that shes obviously been in pain for these last 3 years and it just wasn't visible:(

2. Lyceum

Lyceum PetForums VIP

Ah bless, that's great. I'm glad she's getting a spring back in her step.

Don't feel bad though, you went with the vets advice. Like every owner does, and if she showed no signs of it bothering her, you weren't to know.

3. kat&molly

kat&molly PetForums VIP

Thank you, its lovely to see her now. Before she would be at the end of her long lead-behind me, and if you took it off she turned round and came home.
    Hopefully it will be a case of managing the pain and if the rest of the weight comes off she'll be a happy little dawg:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice