Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Getting rid of fleas?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by fleety, Aug 21, 2013.

1. fleety

fleety PetForums Newbie

Hey,

I posted a couple of weeks ago about my cat going missing, she has since returned without her collar (bought a new one) but wherever she's been she's come back riddled with fleas she's never had them before so I'm looking for some advice on the best way to get rid of them from the house?

I went to the vets and got some flea spray for the house and did as they said to, to spray it a long all the skirting boards and that did reduce the problem it didn't get rid of it so i sprayed a bit in the centre of the rooms as well where they all seem to be and that further reduced the problem but there's still loads all round the house i sit down on the sofa and within a few seconds ones jumped on me.

driving me insane so any advice would be welcome.

2. petergettins

petergettins PetForums Senior

Firstly it's great that she's come back you must be very relieved.
    You'll need to treat her for the fleas. I used to use Frontline, but now use Advantage. You can also use Capstar tablets which will kill any on her, but it's not preventative to them coming back.
    As for the house I used Indorex spray and did pretty much everywhere. One can was supposed to do a whole house, but it barely did my 1 bed flat, but it worked.
    Also wash all bedding or throws at 60 degrees to kill any that may be on there as they often are in there as well.
    They can be horrible, but treating them & preventing them coming back is quite feasible
    hth
    Pete

CoCoTrio likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice