Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

getting rid of cat's hair on carpet- advice needed.

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Serge Chabert, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Serge Chabert

Serge Chabert PetForums Newbie

Hello, I am new here. I have a cat and I need advice.
    What vacuum cleaner will be best for getting rid of cat hair on carpets.

Thank you.

2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Whompingwillow likes this.
  3. Mrs Funkin

Mrs Funkin Human mother to Oscar

We have a Vax upright for downstairs and upstairs the Miele C3 cat & dog. When the Vax goes kaput, I’d definitely get another Miele (husband spent a long time researching), it’s great.

4. Whompingwillow

Whompingwillow PetForums VIP

To add, I use the back of a zoom groom brush (tip I found on this forum) and brush the carpet with that after hoovering sometimes, it works magic and I’m amazed how much hair I find that gets ingrained in the carpet that my hoover (Miele, but not the cat and dog one) doesnt pick up.

I would also like to have the Miele cat and dog one day with a cordless dyson along side it..

5. Mrs Funkin

Mrs Funkin Human mother to Oscar

Oh yes, the silicon glove I bought for brushing Oscar which he doesn’t like is *very* useful for getting cat hair off sofas, chairs and carpets. Such a great tip I picked up from here.

6. Pixie_Tinker_Bell

Pixie_Tinker_Bell PetForums Senior

We have the latest Shark cordless model with pet attachment (although I'm not sure if we actually use that or not, hoovering isn't my job!) Before that we had a vax pet upright (still have it, just in case) I'm impressed with both of them, the shark definitely picks up more though and it's often surprising how much it picks up from what appears to be a clean carpet! The only problem with the Shark is how expensive it is, I'm not sure it's worth the extra cost than the vax was if you're only looking at its ability to pick up pet hair. We got the shark for its ease of use, it's really lightweight and with no cable you can whizz round the house in no time :)

7. Emmasian

Emmasian PetForums VIP

With three Maine Coons shedding all over the place I can't manage without scraping the carpet first with either a rubber broom or a rubber window scrapy thing. It's amazing what you get.

8. BritishBilbo

BritishBilbo I work with cats + I live with cats. I like cats.

I have a dyson cordless and it gets what i call the surface hair up but not the infrained stuff out. It’s about dead now though so I desperately want a shark hoover.
    We have gtech hoovers at work and we thought they were brill at first but I wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole now.

9. NFC slave

NFC slave PetForums Senior

I'm still trying to find the ideal vacuum for cat hair, I bought a Vax Blade on the recommendation of another NFC owner, it is good on some carpets but not others. The hall and stairs are my biggest problem but I think it might be down to the type of carpet fibres, so might replace the carpet rather than buy any more cleaners

10. Cully

Cully PetForums VIP

I use a damp rubber brush/broom first as this gets rid of a suprising amount of hair.

11. Margaux

Margaux PetForums Newbie

I have a standard cordless Dyson which is ok but for the stairs, sofa and occasional deep clean of the carpet I use the glass squeegee I have for my shower. It’s the fastest way I’ve found to get hair off fabric and carpets.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice