Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

''Getting rid of a dog'' only to get another?? (and a sweet old lady!)

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Acacia86, May 12, 2010.

1. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

I saw a couple i vaguely know today and they used to have a gorgeous Lab. But they had a Staffie puppy today. So i asked where the Lab was and they replied

''we got rid of him, because he was naughty, he never listened'' i asked if they trained him. No they didn't do anymore than teach him 'bed' and 'sit' and 'paw' :rolleyes:

I then asked about the Staff pup and asked if they would train him and they said ''he seems to be so good, not really any need too'' Grrrrrrrrr :mad:

Why do people do this? Its not right.

Although on a lighter note! I also saw a very old lady with a very old Dalmation. I chatted to them for a while and we got on the subject of dog foods. She siad she fed ''Frolics''...................because:

Its has a Dally on the front so it must be good for Dallies! :lol: :lol:

So sweet! I know its not a great food but i mean the Dally was roughly 11/12 (she rescued him years ago) and still seemed very fit bar a few issues! Bless her!

2. jen24

jen24 Banned

for god sake. no its not right, its bloody infuriating.:mad:

very sweet about the old lady though :lol:

3. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

I hate that attitude wah he's barks/doesn't listen/pulls on the lead. Screw training him just throw him away to a shelter or worse and get a new one.

So sweet about the dalmation though

4. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

This is how i feel. Its makes me so cross. I mean i rescued a very problematic Springer and i still have him! I could have easily 'dumped' him and got another dog. It does make me so mad :mad: worse still the Staffie came from the UK and was delivered :eek: they never even met the ''breeders'' the 'son' came over with the pups :mad: :(

Yes the old lady was ever so sweet, i am hoping to meet her again tomorrow at the park :thumbup:

5. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Even better potentially puppy mill dog how long will the puppy survive do you think?

6. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Its not a puppy mill dog...a BYB though. Its a person who used to live here but moved to the UK. And bred their Staffy to make a few quick bucks :mad: :mad:

They do only have the one bitch. And ''apparently'' won't be doing again. Because the bitch ''cost a fortune'' due to being ill.....:mad: :frown:

7. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

BYB still not good. Poor bitch

8. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

LOL. If they couldn't control a lab, just wait until that staffie grows up!!!

9. leashedForLife

my mothers best-friend * loved! * kittens... :001_tt1: but did not like cats. :huh:

so over the years, they had many kittens - most of them only for a year or at most 18-mos, then they gave the cat away,
    took it to a shelter, etc. :blink: it was so weird to me - meanwhile, we had 2 Siamese, Pretty and her daughter Beauty
    (named by my elder-sister - what do U expect from a 4-YO? :D) and Pretty was 17-YO when she died -
    her daughter, born when Pretty was 2-YO, was TWENTY-One Years Old! when she died - she had seen me thru childhood
    and into college! she was about 12-MO when i was born.

i thought it was so strange to love kittens + dislike cats intensely - How can that be? it makes no sense - cats are still playful,
    affectionate, and much better-behaved than kittens. :(

Beauty was a lovely cat - i was very fond of her. she was an applehead (old-fashioned traditional Siamese)
    a seal-point with a small kink in her tail, and deep-sapphire eyes.
    she played fetch, came to her name, and purred with a lovely thrum.

10. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

OMG Terry! You just reminded me of a friend of mine. She was EXACTLY the same. My oldest cat (Tigger, nearly 12 years old) was a 7 week old kitten when I got him. I lived with this friend at the time.
    Since then, she must have gone though about 9 kittens (no joke). They would get to a certain age or size and she would suddenly have a reason why she had to get rid of them to friends...a house move, an allergy, catfights (they always came in two's when she got them).

I can't understand people like that at all.

11. malibu

malibu Guest

Thats awful :( I couldn't dream of being away from my dog or cat x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice