Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

getting ready for a big change.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by littleangel01, Sep 4, 2013.

1. littleangel01

littleangel01 PetForums VIP

so in the next few months me and my OH will (hopfully) be moving in together :)

i cant wait and looking forward to it.

the problem may be lexi. she has really taken to my OH - strage for lexi as shes not good with people - iv got pics of them having a cuddle ect he can hold her lead let her in and out her crate ect ect

however we do have some problems when he stays over. she wont settle. paces stands in front of us staring for hours (if i let her) trying to climb on us ect he cant stay over often due to work and the distance (20min train ride) but she paces all night when he does.

chaos is brill and the sec i move shes there next to him demanding a fuss.

has anyone got any tips for helping her settle of a night/ when he is here? iv given treats/chews/kongs but the sec there gone shes starts agian.

as i said lexi isnt good with strangers so im so happy shes got this far. but shes also not good with change and its always been me and her (plus chaos rio and fosters) never any other person for the three years iv had her.

first time living with someone so im behond excited but also worried about lexi :(

2. Bramblesmum

Bramblesmum PetForums Member

Congratulations! No wonder you are excited!!

I think Lexi will adjust - at the moment your other half is a visitor and not often there so its strange when is around at night - but once she realises he's going to be there every night I think that will become the new normal and it will settle.

Though I have to confess I've never had a live in lover since I've had the dogs but the kids (now adults and hate being referred to as kids!) come and go and never a problem - including the ones that have never lived with Bramble

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice