Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Getting more involved with my breed (rotties)

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by mufti, May 13, 2010.

1. mufti

mufti PetForums Junior

Hi All,

Iv'e always "just been a dog owner" anyway I want to get more involved with my Breed the Rottie and or take up some sort of sport/activity etc with my 7 month old boy :)

I was looking at Schutzhund as I like the idea of a working breed having a job to do and Schutzhund covers three disciplines i.e obedience/tracking/protection however it seems most Schutzhund clubs use outdated methods of training i.e punishment based which I would not be happy with as Baxter is trained only using positive methods.

Anyhoot if anyone can give me some good idea's how/what I can get do to get more involved in the breed or sports/activities I can do with my Rottie that he and I will enjoy I would appreciate it :D

We live in London but can travel for the right club/sport etc.

Many Thank's to all who take the time to reply.

#1 mufti, May 13, 2010
    Last edited: May 13, 2010
  2. tripod

tripod PetForums VIP

For when he's more mature but you can start the training work now: Weight pulling, CaniX, Dry land mushing etc.

Rally-O can be started right now and is great fun!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice