Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Getting Lost

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Nonnie, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Sometimes it pays off. Especially when you stumble across a canine utopia...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The old man had to stay on a lead as ive never seen so many ducks, geese and swans in one place, in my area. Tbh, to see a pair of ducks is unusual. There were hundreds here, it was quite noisy.

Downside of getting lost though, was that we were walking (most likely in circles) for over 7 hours.

3. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Lovely place but 7 hours of circles sounds very, very annoying indeed.

4. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Wow that looks lovely!!!

5. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

It wasnt much fun, and it was getting dark rapidly. Ended up having to lift everyone over a few barbed wire fences once i had a landmark in sight.

didnt help that they hold a triathlon in this area, so there were a myriad of pathways to follow through the woods, but they twisted and turned and double backed most of the time.

There is supposed to be a bridleway, but there wasnt a single sign post to be found. Or a house, or a person, or even a road.

Poor Oz was so tired, i had to let him nap in a field.

6. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Were you trespassing to get there? :hand:

If not...tell me where it is :)

Bet Oz loved the ducks :D

7. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Thats the million dollar question. According to an ordnance survey map, their is a bridleway that runs around the lake. Im 99% sure i wasnt on it though, as there is no way a horse could have down the tracks and over the bridges i did.

So many fields to get turned around in, and paths that looked like paths, but became dead ends. It was frustrating, and ultimately rewarding.

8. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

7 Hours lost sound frightening :eek:

But what a wonderful place to find :)

Do you think you could find it again via a more direct route there and back?

9. cheekymonkey68

cheekymonkey68 PetForums VIP

Dont you just hate it when the path isnt clear?! 7 hours tho, I think I'd have been at panicking point, or whipping the gps out on my phone!!

Lovely looking lake tho!! :)

Pleased your all home safely.

10. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Oh i could find it easily now, it would still be around a 4 hour plus walk though.
    Only time ive ever wished for a fancy phone.

Its notorious around here for lack of signs. Many land owners deliberately remove them :mad:

11. Lilylass

Lilylass PetForums VIP

*sigh* what a beautiful spot :D

7 hours lost tho' :eek: I'd have been starting to panic

We have beautiful woods near here - I know the paths to go all the way around the outside, a few that cross over etc BUT I can still get lost in it even after walking in it for 6+ years as there's loads of tiny wee paths that all look the same ..... and they always look like one that you've been down before :eek: .... and it always happens just when it's getting dark :eek:

Everyone looks like they really enjoyed it ..... but I guess it'll be a bit of a shorter one today :rolleyes:

12. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Apart from a wee and brekkie, neither has moved all morning. Oz will probably have a duvet day, he has sleep to catch up on afterall.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice