Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Getting First Customers

Discussion in 'Dog Walking' started by Jade Powers, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Jade Powers

Jade Powers PetForums Junior

Hi guys,

I have just started a new dog walking and pet sitting business, however, how do I get my first customers??

I have an FB page, website, memberships to 2 dog walking/sitting sites and have put flyers in around 15 different pet shops, groomers, vets cafes etc. in the local area.

Any advice? :)

2. labradrk

labradrk PetForums VIP

I would join all your local FB pages. There are always people asking for recommendations for dog walkers.

Seonag and Jade Powers like this.
  3. Darrell Jones

Darrell Jones PetForums Member

I go to all the local popular dog walking locations and hand out business cards to dog owners whilst I walk my own dog. They have always been well received and I end up having a nice chat with the dog owners too

Seonag likes this.
  4. Dogsabouttown

Dogsabouttown PetForums Junior

Although it is quite time consuming I did a leaflet drop in my local area and it has resulted in about 6-7 clients so far (I only started in April). I have been told that my leaflet was very memorable though so you need to make it stand out! Otherwise everything that you are doing should bring some business in. Good luck :D

Seonag likes this.
  5. Luis Carrasquel

Luis Carrasquel PetForums Newbie

Hello Jade, I'm setting up my dog walking and pet sitting business. It's been about 6 months since your post. How is the business? How did you get your first customers? Any tip you or other walkers can give me will be much appreciated. Thank you

6. Waggamuffins

Waggamuffins PetForums Newbie

I'm also in the process of setting up a new business. Walks are 1 hour long.
    Dogs are walked in groups of 4 (max). Groups are carefully selected with breed,age,sex and temperament carefully considered.
    Solo walks are also available on request
    Reliable pet chauffeur for visits to the vets, grooming parlour, etc.

Going away on holiday?
    Going to hospital?
    Going out for the day?

I will walk the dogs,play with the cat,feed the hamster... and you will have the knowledge that your house is secure. I will stay in your home and care for your pets in their own environment.

7. Seonag

Seonag PetForums Junior

That's what I'm planning on doing in Feb just saturating the area with flyers and use Facebook sites anything I can think of to gethe a client list as quickly as possible

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice