UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to get the big lenses out for these buggers yesterday at Caerphilly Castle as I had a couple minute chase from a nasty white one because it didn't like my dogs. I didn't realise geese had tiny little teeth:rolleyes:

The 2nd one isn't quite in focus on the goose I wanted, he put his head down. I was getting ambushed from the rear and I wasn't hanging around to have my arse bitten trying to get another picture:p They were eating out my wifes hands but they hated me with the dogs. Hissing and wings up was what I got...

G

·
:D
my grandma had a goose , years ago goslings were given away along with chicks by the rag and bone men around here in exchange for your scrap metal :rolleyes: (glad that don't happen anymore)
grandad had destined him for the table , grandma was having non of it tho and he lived a long and happy life chasing off the pearl insurance man when grandma sent him round the back!:D:D:eek:
beautiful pictures:)

·
Registered
12,925 Posts
lovely pictures
Ive always found the canadian ones are much calmer but have been chased by a fair few gaggles in the past :D

G

·
A friend of my dads used to have a few geese in the farm yard, way better than a guard dog!!

I always give the little bugger a wide berth!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Next time I go to the castle to get some pictures at sunset I will not be taking the dogs:rolleyes: With having two farm bred bc's they love the geese as they are both from a long line of working collies. They listen to me but I don't fancy the chance of having another chase on the go:rolleyes: I actually want to get some pictures this time of what I went there for:p

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
One of the neighbours had geese and they decided the road was part of their territory and they used to chase us up the road pretty much everyday, I am far more scared of geese than I am of dogs.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
Mum bought a gosling years ago for Christmas dinner. Needless to say he survived, my dad made a fool of him and used to feed him malteezers from his hand, he to was a brilliant watchdog and made friends with an old white hen we had and followed her everywhere. He lived to be 31 years old and died of old age.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.