Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Getting a puppy

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Joolz1975, May 18, 2010.

1. Joolz1975

Joolz1975 PetForums Member

Hi

We are shortly going to be getting a Cocker Spaniel puppy.

I have hopefully found a brill breeder (just waiting to see if the pregnancy has taken)

We have thought long and hard about taking on such a responsibility and have decided the time is now right!

Obviously its a few months away as the pups havnt been born yet!! but we felt going on waiting list for one was a better option than rushing out and buying the first available one as we wanted be sure we found a good breeder not just the first cute puppy we could find!

I have started buying bits and bobs and have a savings account set up for vaccinations and neutering etc....

I am cutting my hours at work shortly before we get the pup so majority of the time either myself or my husband will be at home but when we are at work my mum is on dog sitting duty (shes already on child sitting duty anyway!)

Cant wait really excited and confident we have done plenty of research into giving a puppy a good home!

We looked at various dog breeds before deciding on a Cocker (Beagles & Boxers were also on our want list) but decided a cocker was best for us!

2. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Congratulations - fingers crossed all goes well and in a few months you have a new member of your family :)

3. rona

rona Guest

Very exciting. :thumbup:
    Will be expecting you on here lots in a few weeks time :D

4. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

Congratulations and well done for doing so much research first.

I can't wait to see pics of your new pup!

5. SEVEN_PETS

SEVEN_PETS PetForums VIP

Congrats. i have a cocker too, they are fab little dogs (when they behave :lol:).

6. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Congratulations, my sister recently got her first pup (a black Lab) just over a week ago. Despite the lack of sleep she can't stop smiling as he is a joy to have!

7. Joolz1975

Joolz1975 PetForums Member

Thanks everyone!

No doubt i will be on picking up loads of tips before i get him and will definatly take plenty of photos!!

We are hoping for a golden boy and the breeder has two litters due around same time so fingers crossed there is one amongst them!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice